Homesteading Forum banner

321 - 340 of 386 Posts

·
Voice of Reason
52,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
I think you TOTALLY missed the point about early research into the harms of cigarette smoke. The research was funded by the tobacco companies and then suppressed.
You don't think that industry funded their own research into greenhouse gases & climate change, and then suppressed the findings?

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
In relation to the OP topic, I think you should read the latest batch of emails from Mr. Fauci and his associates. "Funding Research" would also be part of that topic.

·
Voice of Reason
52,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
In relation to the OP topic, I think you should read the latest batch of emails from Mr. Fauci and his associates. "Funding Research" would also be part of that topic.
You don't think the NIH should be funding research? Funding research is a good thing.

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
Here is another report on "The Science" and also covers some other related issues such as integrity, truth, facts, misrepresentations, cover ups, collusion, and the fact that some of the above mentioned emails have been redacted due to a possible ongoing criminal investigation.
All responses from Pro Covid/Science supporters are welcome.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Interesting factoid from our area: local hospitals are reporting now that around 99% of their covid cases and deaths are among the unvaccinated. And are no longer among the older crowd. Last week in Colorado a child died, too young for the shot. Caught covid from an unvaxxed older relative. So sad.

·
STILL not Alice
20,157 Posts
Interesting factoid from our area: local hospitals are reporting now that around 99% of their covid cases and deaths are among the unvaccinated. And are no longer among the older crowd. Last week in Colorado a child died, too young for the shot. Caught covid from an unvaxxed older relative. So sad.
The hospitals report whatever they are told to report.

If you want to get the mRNA injection, you go for it.

If the child died from the CCP virus, then I would say it's a fair assumption that the child had co-morbidities.

Of course it is sad, but to make it a "injected/non-injected" issue is setting up a distraction.

·
Voice of Reason
52,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 · (Edited)
It's a viral disease. It will run its course, no matter what humans do. The results may be tweaked a bit, but it's going to do what it will do.
I suppose that we'll never know for sure what the COVID-19 death toll would have been without vaccines, but it can be estimated. I won't post any speculative information because I know that it wouldn't be received well. But I can gleen factual information from CDC data.

So how are vaccinated people doing? As of May 4, 2021, 105 million people were fully vaccinated against covid. There were 9,245 "breakthrough" infections reported, or a rate of less than 0.009%. Of those cases 112 patients died. Death rate of those infected was 112 / 9245 = 1.2%.

So how are unvaccinated people doing? As of May 10, 2021, the total US population was about 330 million people. There were 32,543,257 infections reported, or a rate of about 10%, Of those cases 578,945 died, Death rate of those infected was 578,945 / 32,543,257 = 1.8%.

To compare those infection and death rates, unvaccinated people were more than 1000 times more likely to get infected than unvaccinated people, and 1.5 times more likely to die if they got infected. The comparison isn't even close.

My point is that if COVID-19 were allowed to run its course without the aid of vaccines the death toll would be much worse than it is today. So this isn't a situation where we have to stand by and wait for the inevitable. We have an opportunity to do something about it.

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
Nevada, I'm surprised you are bringing life back to this thread. The fallacies, lies and disinformation are and have been made public for some time now. You should probably try and amend your position somewhat and 86 your stack of old bullet points.

·
Registered
33,401 Posts
  • The number of cases of a heart inflammation condition in 16- to 24-year-olds was higher than expected after they received their second dose of Pfizer’s or Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccines, the CDC said.
  • There have been 275 reported cases of myocarditis or pericarditis, which are inflammation conditions involving the heart, in people ages 16 to 24 as of May 31, according to a CDC presentation.

Reactions: Pony

·
Registered
33,401 Posts
There are many Ivermectin efficacy footnotes on the video

Reactions: Pony

·
Registered
33,401 Posts
The guy lacking hair in the video
Dr. Pierre Kory M.P.A., M.D. Founding member of the FLCCC Alliance and co-author of the MATH+ and I-MASK+ Prophylaxis and Treatment Protocols for COVID-19 Contributions to the Field of Medicine Pierre Kory is the former Chief of the Critical Care Service and Medical Director of the Trauma and Life Support Center at the University of Wisconsin.

He is considered one of the world pioneers in the use of ultrasound by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of critically ill patients. He helped develop and run the first national courses in Critical Care Ultrasonography in the U.S., and served as a Director of these courses with the American College of Chest Physicians for several years.

He is also the senior editor of the most popular textbook in the field titled “Point of Care Ultrasound,” a book that is now in its 2 nd edition and that has been translated into 7 languages worldwide. He has led over 100 courses nationally and internationally teaching physicians this now-standard skill in his specialty.

·
Voice of Reason
52,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
Nevada, I'm surprised you are bringing life back to this thread. The fallacies, lies and disinformation are and have been made public for some time now. You should probably try and amend your position somewhat and 86 your stack of old bullet points.
I'm sorry if spoke out of turn. I've been busy with other matters and my HT participation has ben low the past few weeks.

Where do you suggest I get vaccine information from?

·
Voice of Reason
52,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
  • The number of cases of a heart inflammation condition in 16- to 24-year-olds was higher than expected after they received their second dose of Pfizer’s or Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccines, the CDC said.
Has the Moderna vaccine been approved for 12-15? I thought that was still in the works.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Nevada, you are spot on. Sadly, we live in a society that cannot understand basic math and science. Covid has made many sick, killed many, destroyed careers, messed up our social interactions. But for some reason I do not fathom people would rather believe strange conspiracy theories and junk science and fight the people telling them the truth about the virus than they would fight the virus.

Here is where we are right now in our country: while millions around the world die and would crawl on hot cinders and ground glass for a shot, Americans brag about standing for their freedom and refuse the shot.

I doubt it is political. Biden got the shot, and says everyone should. Trump got the shot and says everyone should.

I personally believe it more sinister: people are so spoiled they are holding their breaths and having a collective hissy fit instead of just fighting the danged virus.

So people will continue to get sick and die. Some will be the one's who refuse the shot. Others will be those who took the shot but got breakthrough cases because of the high rate of infection in some areas. Others will be the immunocompromised, the cancer patients, the ones who are not as strong. And the "my rights my freedom" crowd will not give a flying fig who died because they exercised their rights.

Character is showing. Someday they will stand before their Maker, and explain their love of rebellion against helping their fellow human beings and their stubborn refusal to "put on the lifejacket."

So be it. Darwin awards in the offing. The rest of us get the shot, continue to mask when around people if we do not know their vaccine status for their safety, avoid the venues that are more likely to be where the virus spreads, and get on with life. Restaurants and bars will continue to lose money. Stores will close when surges occur. Shortages will continue, wood will continue to be expensive, etc.

It could be prevented. It should be prevented. But hey, we proved we are free people, right??

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I suppose that we'll never know for sure what the COVID-19 death toll would have been without vaccines, but it can be estimated I won't post any speculative information because I know that it wouldn't be received well. But I can gleen factual information from CDC data.

So how are vaccinated people doing? As of May 4, 2021, 105 million people were fully vaccinated against covid. There were 9,245 "breakthrough" infections reported, or a rate of less than 0.009%. Of those cases 112 patients died. Death rate of those infected was 112 / 9245 = 1.2%.

So how are unvaccinated people doing? As of May 10, 2021, the total US population was about 330 million people. There were 32,543,257 infections reported, or a rate of about 10%, Of those cases 578,945 died, Death rate of those infected was 578,945 / 32,543,257 = 1.8%.

To compare those infection and death rates, unvaccinated people were more than 1000 times more likely to get infected than unvaccinated people, and 1.5 times more likely to die if they got infected. The comparison isn't even close.

My point is that if COVID-19 were allowed to run its course without the aid of vaccines the death toll would be much worse than it is today. So this isn't a situation where we have to stand by and wait for the inevitable. We have an opportunity to do something about it.
Even ignoring the inflated, convoluted, political methods used in counting the death totals, none of the numbers above is justification for wrecking this economy. In some ways this country will never recover from what has been done. So now that they have vaccines, and its “so easy” to modify as needed, hopefully this covid mess will be put in the rear view mirror and forgotten in our everyday living. No reason to loose any sleep on the subject anymore I would think.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Nevada, you are spot on. Sadly, we live in a society that cannot understand basic math and science. Covid has made many sick, killed many, destroyed careers, messed up our social interactions. But for some reason I do not fathom people would rather believe strange conspiracy theories and junk science and fight the people telling them the truth about the virus than they would fight the virus.

Here is where we are right now in our country: while millions around the world die and would crawl on hot cinders and ground glass for a shot, Americans brag about standing for their freedom and refuse the shot.

I doubt it is political. Biden got the shot, and says everyone should. Trump got the shot and says everyone should.

I personally believe it more sinister: people are so spoiled they are holding their breaths and having a collective hissy fit instead of just fighting the danged virus.

So people will continue to get sick and die. Some will be the one's who refuse the shot. Others will be those who took the shot but got breakthrough cases because of the high rate of infection in some areas. Others will be the immunocompromised, the cancer patients, the ones who are not as strong. And the "my rights my freedom" crowd will not give a flying fig who died because they exercised their rights.

Character is showing. Someday they will stand before their Maker, and explain their love of rebellion against helping their fellow human beings and their stubborn refusal to "put on the lifejacket."

So be it. Darwin awards in the offing. The rest of us get the shot, continue to mask when around people if we do not know their vaccine status for their safety, avoid the venues that are more likely to be where the virus spreads, and get on with life. Restaurants and bars will continue to lose money. Stores will close when surges occur. Shortages will continue, wood will continue to be expensive, etc.

It could be prevented. It should be prevented. But hey, we proved we are free people, right??

“we are free people, right?”

Many seem to forget this. Shots are available. Take them or not. Done deal. Let everyone handle it as they see fit.

"my rights my freedom" Something to remember. Try to live it and let others do the same.

321 - 340 of 386 Posts