Homesteading Forum banner

181 - 200 of 386 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Here is what I am hearing: we now have an effective vaccine, with low side effects and impressive ability to prevent infections. Even if there are break through infections they are usually very mild, and low viral load so not really likely to infect someone else. (If you are concerned you can certainly still wear a mask. We plan to do that when with people who either are unvaccinated or whose status we don't know, for our own protection. With our jab being about 90% effective against all cases, and around 97% effective boots on the ground against severe disease, we should be good to go. But with post polio and lung damage from previous pneumonia, and seeing we live among those who have not cared who they killed the whole pandemic long, we will still protect ourselves with that around 70-90% layer from our niosh n95's.) We don't plan to stay out of venues and restaurants and such just because weenies afraid of a needle are now afraid of us. There is no science to the goofy claims we pose a danger to them. There is no danger, but if they are worried they can exercise their freedom and go home.

Given that severe cases are now pretty much preventable for all but the immunocompromised or those who medically cannot get the jab, the health system is rebooting. No longer will priority be given to covid cases. Hospitals will set aside a small portion of space and people and supplies for them, and when it over flows you can expect to be given a sheet of instructions and an rx for oxygen, which in a surge will probably not be available.

The vaccinated are now going back into life with a high degree of safety. And the medical community is admitting we could be entering a time of "sayanora sucker" in the sense that those people who refuse to social distance and mask and self isolate if they don't want the shot, and refuse that shot, have had their chance. The rest will not worry about them when they get sick other than to isolate them.

So we have gone from covid19 being the boomer doomer to it being the great bestower of Darwin Awards. It is preventable. If you choose to risk your life, we really don't care anymore.

Well, other than that you remain a pus pocket for the virus to mutate. But if does and brings another serious surge, those of us that get the jab will be well prepped. And science is likely to retool and give us another jab against that variant. But at that time, I expect public willingness to put up with the silliness that risks the rest of us. So yeah, at that point I expect either you take the jab or lose your freedom.

Remember the old joke about the guy on the roof of his house during a flood? How he prayed God to save him? A friend came by on a jet ski, but he would not get on it. Ditto with the motor boat that came by. Then the Guard lowered a rope from a helicopter but he refused it since "God would save him." As he stood before the Lord right after he drowned in the flood, he complained that he prayed but God did nothing. And the Lord replied, "How can you say that? I sent you a jet ski, a motor boat, and a helicopter. What more did you expect?"

Those refusing the jab who are medically cleared for it are possibly literally throwing a tantrum and holding their breath until they turn blue in the face. And we bury them.

So those I know in medicine are saying they cannot change those folks minds. The only thing we can do is basically avoid or shun them for safety, maybe not allow them in venues, and move on. In time they will either be just fine or they won't. But the system as whole is moving on now that this is, at least in the USA, basically now a preventable disease.

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts
Here is what I am hearing: we now have an effective vaccine, with low side effects and impressive ability to prevent infections. Even if there are break through infections they are usually very mild, and low viral load so not really likely to infect someone else. (If you are concerned you can certainly still wear a mask. We plan to do that when with people who either are unvaccinated or whose status we don't know, for our own protection. With our jab being about 90% effective against all cases, and around 97% effective boots on the ground against severe disease, we should be good to go. But with post polio and lung damage from previous pneumonia, and seeing we live among those who have not cared who they killed the whole pandemic long, we will still protect ourselves with that around 70-90% layer from our niosh n95's.) We don't plan to stay out of venues and restaurants and such just because weenies afraid of a needle are now afraid of us. There is no science to the goofy claims we pose a danger to them. There is no danger, but if they are worried they can exercise their freedom and go home.

Given that severe cases are now pretty much preventable for all but the immunocompromised or those who medically cannot get the jab, the health system is rebooting. No longer will priority be given to covid cases. Hospitals will set aside a small portion of space and people and supplies for them, and when it over flows you can expect to be given a sheet of instructions and an rx for oxygen, which in a surge will probably not be available.

The vaccinated are now going back into life with a high degree of safety. And the medical community is admitting we could be entering a time of "sayanora sucker" in the sense that those people who refuse to social distance and mask and self isolate if they don't want the shot, and refuse that shot, have had their chance. The rest will not worry about them when they get sick other than to isolate them.

So we have gone from covid19 being the boomer doomer to it being the great bestower of Darwin Awards. It is preventable. If you choose to risk your life, we really don't care anymore.

Well, other than that you remain a pus pocket for the virus to mutate. But if does and brings another serious surge, those of us that get the jab will be well prepped. And science is likely to retool and give us another jab against that variant. But at that time, I expect public willingness to put up with the silliness that risks the rest of us. So yeah, at that point I expect either you take the jab or lose your freedom.

Remember the old joke about the guy on the roof of his house during a flood? How he prayed God to save him? A friend came by on a jet ski, but he would not get on it. Ditto with the motor boat that came by. Then the Guard lowered a rope from a helicopter but he refused it since "God would save him." As he stood before the Lord right after he drowned in the flood, he complained that he prayed but God did nothing. And the Lord replied, "How can you say that? I sent you a jet ski, a motor boat, and a helicopter. What more did you expect?"

Those refusing the jab who are medically cleared for it are possibly literally throwing a tantrum and holding their breath until they turn blue in the face. And we bury them.

So those I know in medicine are saying they cannot change those folks minds. The only thing we can do is basically avoid or shun them for safety, maybe not allow them in venues, and move on. In time they will either be just fine or they won't. But the system as whole is moving on now that this is, at least in the USA, basically now a preventable disease.
It doesn't bother you that the numbers for infection are way out of line with reality? It doesn't bother you that there have been ZERO double-blind tests for the mRNA jab? It doesn't bother you that no one is following science, but whim?

What I hear/read is that you choose to believe what a government prone to lying and changing its story to fit its whims is saying, and that you choose to ignore the red flags all over the place.

I also read that, even though you seem to have great faith in this genetic therapy, you insist that all others must do as you do, or be removed from polite society.

But if your mRNA injection is so safe and powerful, WTH do you care what anyone else does?

You do what you want, but do not deign to pass judgment on the carefully researched decisions made by others.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts

Maybe late next year, when there is a clearer picture.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

Bless your heart.

Reactions: Pony

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,210 Posts
Someone above said ...
“seeing we live among those who have not cared who they killed the whole pandemic long”

There were other falsehoods and balderdash, but quoting them wasn’t worth the time.

To the author, I think that your post reveals false assumptions and a negative attitude toward people who have a different opinion from yours. May you live long and prosper and learn that you are not the Great Arbitrator.

Peace.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Someone above said ...
“seeing we live among those who have not cared who they killed the whole pandemic long”

There were other falsehoods and balderdash, but quoting them wasn’t worth the time.

To the author, I think that your post reveals false assumptions and a negative attitude toward people who have a different opinion from yours. May you live long and prosper and learn that you are not the Great Arbitrator.

Peace.
Having a negative attitude towards people that have a different opinion is one thing. Wishing their ostracization and them harm and ill will is quite another.

·
Registered
Acta non verba
1,132 Posts
My husband and I received our first "Fauci Ouchie" this week. My arm was sore so that was fun doing barn repairs but it only lasted about a couple of days. No other symptoms here.

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts
Someone above said ...

Peace.
The highlighted line is so very telling.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,577 Posts
So, are you advocating forced testing?
I never advocated forced testing. However, many places perform periodic (yes, forced) testing. If they test one person they should test them all.

Until the vaccines get past the emergency use stage recipients should not get a pass on testing.

·
Voice of Reason
52,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
But if your mRNA injection is so safe and powerful, WTH do you care what anyone else does?
Because we all want business to resume normal activities, jobs to return, and life to go back to what we had before the pandemic. We can't do that unless many more people get vaccinated. And don't get the idea that a serious relapse can't happen. Look to what's going on in India for what a relapse might look like.

If your problem is with mRNA vaccines, take the J&J vaccine. But get vaccinated. It's a matter of life and death.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
We can't do that unless many more people get vaccinated.
I will also add that you deserve credit for not using the word "science" in your last post.
The definition has been butchered and abused by the government and misused so much by their sycophants that it now carries a dubious and suspicious aura whenever it is used.
Thank you.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Because we all want business to resume normal activities, jobs to return, and life to go back to what we had before the pandemic. We can't do that unless many more people get vaccinated. And don't get the idea that a serious relapse can't happen. Look to what's going on in India for what a relapse might look like.

If your problem is with mRNA vaccines, take the J&J vaccine. But get vaccinated. It's a matter of life and death.
As I've said before, if the population was tested for antibodies we would probably find most have had it and carry antibodies.

Big pharma and the government needs to make their profit on the vax. Maybe life and death for them though. 😊

·
Voice of Reason
52,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
No. It isn’t. You know better than that.
No, no it isn't. You are using fear and guilt as a manipulator.
What's going on in India is pretty frightening.

The nightmare scenario for a pandemic is the hospital system being overwhelmed. If that happens the hospitals not only can't treat covid patients effectively, but also heart patients, accident victims, and maternity patients. If you or a loved one show up at an ER in India right now you could be turned away regardless of how serious your problem is. That's pretty frightening.

But I think that fear is the correct emotion during a pandemic. After all, fear was the correct emotion after 9/11, and we're a lot more likely to die from covid than we ever were from a terror attack.

The sad thing is that it doesn't have to be this way. We have the tools to beat this pandemic; the vaccines. All we have to do it take the vaccine and life can go back to normal.

·
Voice of Reason
52,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
I will also add that you deserve credit for not using the word "science" in your last post.
The definition has been butchered and abused by the government and misused so much by their sycophants that it now carries a dubious and suspicious aura whenever it is used.
Thank you.
The term "science" has been butchered by some politicians to promote their personal agendas, but the scientific community is doing just fine.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
The term "science" has been butchered by some politicians to promote their personal agendas, but the scientific community is doing just fine.
Would you consider Dr Fauci an example of someone who presents "science" in a credible light?

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
But I think that fear is the correct emotion during a pandemic. After all, fear was the correct emotion after 9/11, and we're a lot more likely to die from covid than we ever were from a terror attack.
All we have to do it take the vaccine and life can go back to normal.
Fear is the result of a lack of control. If one is prepared ie, someone who subscribes to a homesteading/self sufficient lifestyle, there is little to fear but much to prepare for.
If you prepare, you tend to have more control.
Your last sentence sounds as if it were being verbalized by a government youth on a street corner.

181 - 200 of 386 Posts