Cousins

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Cheryl in SD, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

My kids are very, VERY lucky. Today they spent the afternoon making gingerbread houses with their cousins. ALL of their cousins but the 4 oldest. They played, they laughed, they helped each other, they ate too much candy, licked to many fingers & one or two of the houses fell down. I felt so blest to be able to watch my children enjoying spending time with their cousins. I know it is unusual.

Last summer 9 of them went to camp together. Next year their will be 10 & the next year there will be 11 of them together for that week.

Someone asked my children who their best friends were, they said, my cousins. I hope it will always be true!

We would like to move, but you know what? I think it needs to be close enough that days like today can still happen.

2. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

Definitely a blessing to have such playmates, hopefully they'll remain friends for a lifetime! Cousins have a special bond.

~~

3. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

My oldest sister, after moving in their million dollar home, stopped associating with the family. Before that, my oldest neice and 2 nephews were growing up together. I hate that she broke that up. But now that they're grown, they have reconnected. My girls and my youngest neice (sister of oldest neice) have all grown up together. They talk on the phone every day, go to camp together in the summer and spend the weekend with each other as much as possible. Their cousin in their best friend and I think it's great too. They all plan to move together when they leave home. They want to explore a lot of this country. They have decided to buy an RV together to do that. Now just to work out that money part. LOL.

4. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

Cousins are wonderful. My family split up many,many years ago, so I did not have any memories of cousins other than when we were about 8-10 years old, swinging on grape vines at my grandpa's old rock house. When 9-11 happened, I received a call from my cousin whom I had not heard from in over 50+ years. He stated the plane in PA had gone down just 9 seconds from their place, and he looked me up to tell me how he loved me, that family was very important. Soon, I received an e-mail from another cousin I had met only once in my life. Again, we have continued to keep in touch and the bond of love is unbroken between all of us.

5. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Oh my memories of 'cozins' we used to do EVERYTHING together when we was little.
    Now that we are grown as everyone has started their own families we kind of drifted apart. So now every summer we have a get together can't wait for the next one!!
    I find it so weird this topic came up today.....one of my dear 'cozins' dropped dead one year ago today he was only 40. I will miss him forever. He was the first to go. Last reunion was weird w/o him there but I think the rest of us grew a little closer. Man I miss him. :Bawling:

6. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

I love my cousins! Literally! They seem to be the noblest most intelligent and often handsomest/beautifulest folks I know. As a child I had crushes on most of the boy cousins my age. As a crazy teen they still looked pretty good. I love getting together with their families and have enjoyed seeing my DD developing a crush on the DS of one of those cousins I'd felt the same way for at that age!

Sure wish I had some first cousins for my darlings.

7. fitwind

fitwind Well-Known Member

I wish my girl was close to her cousins. She met them for the first time in May they played so well together.sadly I can't move to Canada fro she can be closer to our family. What great moments to cherish....