Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many coupons can you use at a time for a product. Say you have a coupon for a dollar off, can you print out 5 of them and buy 5 of the item at one time? I have never understood how that worked.

·
www.HarperHillFarm.com
3,089 Posts
Read the fine print on the coupon. They usually say 1 per item. Some stores will allow you to use a manufacturer's coupon in addition to a store coupon, though. Some coupons will also say "Do not double". :grump:

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if it say '1 coupon validfor item indicated' that means I could use 5 on 5 of the same item?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Can't say I've ever seen a coupon where you could use more than one of the same on a single item. There are instances like someone else mentioned where you can stack coupons on the same item but not the same coupon...for example I want to buy a bottle of shampoo...I have a $1 off coupon and the store has a $.50 off coupon...I can use these both on the same bottle of shampoo as one is a MFG coupon and the other a store coupon.

·
Registered
582 Posts
so if it say '1 coupon validfor item indicated' that means I could use 5 on 5 of the same item?
Yes, you can use 1 coupon per item. If you buy 5 products and have 5 coupons, you can use all 5. Now, if your store doubles, they may only double one or 3, whatever their coupon policy is. One coupon per purchase means just that. Every once in a blue moon there could be a coupon that states one coupon per shopping trip, or something to that effect, but rare.

I have run into a cashier or two that think the one coupon per purchase means one coupon per entire cartload. I will usually ask for the mgr at that point.

·
Incubator Addict
3,111 Posts
Different stores have different policies and it helps to know the particular store's policy. You can use multiple coupons in a single purchase just about everywhere. I try not to use 20 of the same coupon because it raises eyebrows, but you could do it.

Buy one get one free sales combined with coupons can work in different ways. In some places you can use a BOGOF coupon even when a product is BOGOF with a store sale. Some places you can't. Some places will let you use two coupons on items that are BOGOF, some will only let you use one.

Some stores will deduct the total coupon amount from your bill, even if it is more than the item is priced at. For example, they will still take off $1 even if the item is 97¢. Other places reduce the coupon amount to the item price, so they would only take off 97¢.

It helps to know the policy before you go in, and to be friendly but firm if you know that something is allowed by the store but the cashier disagrees with you.

I love couponing! We get so much free stuff that way!

Kayleigh

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the help guys. Im new to the coupon world and hope to be making a bit of a savings on our food bill. Seems like the biggest problem is finding coupons for food we use. Most seem to be for junk food. I'll have to find out tomorrow if our store takes them printed off the internet, I sure hope so. I did come across a site where a person said printing coupons off the internet was like pirating movies! Im hoping that was wrong!

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
If manufacturers didn't want you to use coupons printed off the internet they wouldn't put them ON the internet!

Our local Kroger decided not to take coupons printed off the internet until I got into it with them about not accepting coupons KROGER had on their website to be printed and used at the store. I emailed Kroger about it and gave them the store ID number and name of the manager. They accept ALL printed coupons now.

I once had about 12 coupons for Mahatma rice. The store had it on sale so I bought 12 bags of rice with a coupon for each (made them free). LOL...the cashier (a teenager) asked me if we REALLY liked rice and I told him we better like it 'cause we were going to be eating it a lot!

·
Loving My Life...
1,626 Posts
thanks for the help guys. Im new to the coupon world and hope to be making a bit of a savings on our food bill. Seems like the biggest problem is finding coupons for food we use. Most seem to be for junk food. I'll have to find out tomorrow if our store takes them printed off the internet, I sure hope so. I did come across a site where a person said printing coupons off the internet was like pirating movies! Im hoping that was wrong!

1st let me welcome you to the wonderful world of COUPONS .... Here at our house, if I don't have a coupon I don't buy it. Very rare that I pay full price. :banana02:.... I'm still not as good as some, but I'm working on it. If you have any doubts about what your favorite stores coupon policy is, just call. I did a few weeks ago, to ask about printed coupons. They are most times very willing to help.

G

·
Seems like the biggest problem is finding coupons for food we use. Most seem to be for junk food.!
That is a challenge, but internet coupons (the ones you print out), are a lifesaver if you know all the right places to find them. I get LOTS of coupons on the products I already use. This month, for example, there are a ton of Lundberg's rice coupons floating around the net- $1 off any size. I've been using them to replenish my stock of rice. With the coupons I'm getting the 2# bags of Lundberg's shortgrain brown rice for only $1.19!! :banana02:

Last month I stocked up on Muir Glen canned tomatoes. With the $1 coupons, I was getting the 28oz cans for less than $1 each. That's even cheaper than store brand, and store brand sure isn't organic (store brand probably came from China, anyhow. Blech).

Every month there's at least one staple I can stock up on using coupons, and usually several different ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts