Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made it to the County fair last weekend. It was small but fun. There were rides and things but I went Sunday Morning so they were closed but I got to meet all the animals (which is why I went!) I took a lot of pictures which i have in an album on photobucket but wanted to post a couple here.

Here is the sweetest baby girl I met there. She ran up to the bars and said hi.

Here is a little boy who still had a drying belly string!

A couple of beautiful Polish.

Even some Piggy Love

Hope everyone got to visit their fairs and support their local 4H/FFA/Farming community!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have dial up and no problem getting the pictures, not to long. Nice pictures.
Our fair is coming the end of this month.

·
KS dairy farmers
3,841 Posts
I was there on Friday. Went in the morning as well, kids were mad at me because no rides were going. I just wanted to see the animals as well. Beautifull facilities for the animals. A little disappointed that the small animal area was so small. Not many poultry and rabbits. Lots of hogs which I see as an opportunity for next year. I have purebred Hereford hogs and am planning on breeding some gilts so they farrow in the right window for the fair. Didn't notice any heritage breeds of hogs so maybe I'll have something different enough they will want to try them out. Got trapped at the dairy area, which was to my disappointment, almost non-existant. The dairy people that were there were trying to talk me into showing my cattle at the fair next year. I wasn't able to make it to the dairy show so I couldn't see how many milk cows showed up. At this fair they have no milking facilities so the girls in milk have to be brought in the day of the show.

I love the pic of the black and white polish chicken. That bird totally had me laughing. I want to get some of those for my farm.

Heather

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I went to our local one, which is touted as an "ag fair", and there was virtually no animals there and even less of the homecrafters stuff. It was mostly rides and vendors. What an expensive (gate fee was 12$ per person, no matter the age) and very dissapointing hour.

Last year we went to the Leavenworth Co. fair, and was quite pleased with the amount of critters and crafts. Strange how things are so different here on the east coast.

BTW, that little doe is soooooooo very pretty. Thanks for sharing. :baby04:

Reese

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I attended our aggie fair on it's last day, the 4H kids were showing their goats and adults showing cattle, there are never any swine there and the number of birds in the poultry show were almost half of what they were last year, I think people get tired of not having other birds of the same breed to compete with.

a white easter egger

not sure what she was, there were 3 chicks in with her, pony rides reflected in the glass.

and 3 water buffalo

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Aw! I love those animals. I just love goats especially!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts