County Fair is over and my son did Great!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Starsmom, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Starsmom

Starsmom Well-Known Member

Well, the fair has finally ended. My son had several projects, horse, goats, sheep and poultry. His ducks got grand and reserve and tons of blue ribbons, he got several blue ribbons with his horse and the same with his lambs. However he did really really well with the goats. His pride and joy, Spike, won Grand Champion Buck and he also won Jr. Showmanship with him as well. Then in open class he won Outstanding Buck. He came home with several trophies and plagues. He is so tickled. All I hear is and you tried to give him away. I did, I confess, this guy is barely 1 yr old and is enormous. He was really hard to hang onto, he would jerk your arm right out of the socket and I was threatening to get rid of him if he didn't spend more training time and less playing time with him. Then he pulled on the leash so hard it snapped and I thought he broke my sons wrist. He didn't, but I really thought he had. I was so upset with him I called a friend up who had been asking about him and said take him. Luckily he didn't. Anyway, my son knew Spike was treading on thin ice and has really spent some time working him and now he is the greatest, leads wonderful and behaves much better. Oh yeah, he also won Judges Choice as well. He left the fair with his trophies and about 40 blue ribbons between 4H and open class.

2. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Congrats to the son and to the goat! Great team. :)

3. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

4. cowgirlracer

cowgirlracer Well-Known Member

Wyoming & building a homestead in Kentucky
    WOW! Please tell your son congrats!

5. Starsmom

Starsmom Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your congrats. He is so proud. He always comes home with ribbons, but this is the first year he got trophies. He likes all his animals, but is especially fond of his goats. I guess because he breeds them and they are truly "his" and he is proud of them. He really enjoyed the round robin where the top kids got to show all the other top kids animals. It was alot of fun and an opportunity to see how to show other animals and learn a little about that project. Now he wants to do them ALL!!!