Countryside is Running Late

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ken Scharabok, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

For those like me who start to haunt their mailboxes about the 10th of the month before issue date: Countryside and Small Stock Journal is running late. Combination of a tad late to publishers, a long holiday and publisher's schedule. July/August issue should start hitting mailboxes about the end of this week. And, oh, maybe the editor's brief honeymoon in there as well.

2. Sparticle

Sparticle Well-Known Member Supporter

Got mine yesterday - yay!

3. Jaclynne

Jaclynne Well-Known Member Supporter

Or it could be like around here, when my Countryside or one of my quilting mags is really late it ususally gets here looking like one of the neighbors enjoyed it first. So long as it gets here! :)

Halo

4. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

Hey, we got our Countryside Magazine over two weeks ago...what are you talking about? It had a super article written by our very own Irene of Texas.

5. darya

darya Member

I got mine over a week ago :) Great articles, as always. :D

6. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

I got mine over two weeks ago, too.

7. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I got mine last week, but I'm irritated: If other people are getting their mag a week or two ahead of the rest of us, there's certainly very little chance of winning at the word scramble, isn't there?

Too bad, but now I'm just not going to bother. :(

Pony!

8. edcopp

edcopp Well-Known Member

Perhaps they are mailing in alphabetical order. I got mine a couple of weeks ago. :)

9. ralphsmom

ralphsmom Well-Known Member

Got mine over a week ago and it usually runs late. I haven't gotten much out of the last few issues. Maybe it's just me, but the questions of the month lately are boring. Personally, I don't care what's in someone's picnic basket. I would like to see more updates on some of their old regulars (who don't seem to be writing anymore).

10. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

I got May/June 2 weeks ago. My husband gets a newsletter both at the PO box at the lake and local delivery here in the city- consistently city delivery runs 1wk to 10 days later than the PO box at the lake.

11. rzrubek

rzrubek Flying Z

If they are it must be reverse alphabetical or i would get mine last :haha: as I also got mine several days if not over a week ago.

12. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

I have suggested to Anne-marie they do a ten-year follow-up on some of homesteading stories articles, but...

CS&SSJ is essentially a reader-written publication so welcomes submissions. Perhaps they are just running out of ideas for question of the issue and would welcome a list of possibilities.

13. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Well-Known Member

What always Irks me is when I see a magazine I've subscribed to, sitting in the bookshelves of a store. Days or weeks BEFORE I get mine in the mail. It's a small snivel but it's mine. Makes me feel second class. shadowwalker

14. kppop

kppop Well-Known Member

I've had my Countryside July/ August for well over a week, going on two. At least this one wasn't pre read lol