Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel free to add as you see fit:

Awards
Best reasonable, well thought out advice, straight, no sugar coating, but backed up with love and concern award goes to Wind In Her Hair

Most well loved curmudgeon goes to Cabin Fever

Entertainer/Philosopher/wordsmith of the year goes to MooPups

Best Feel Good person to be around goes to Rose2005

Best Cynic award goes to ComfortablyNumb

Best all-around attitude award goes to Pony

Everyone’s Best Friend award goes to Ravenlost

Best Name and down-to-earth person award goes to Big Rockpile

*These awards do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and managment of this forum. It was just my silly idea.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to add that the awards look like the Statue of Liberty (or Liberty Lighting the Way) behind a plow, holding up a wheat shaft, while baking bread, milking the goats, preserving jellies, changing the babies diaper, going out hunting for dinner, growing the food and making every meal from scratch, all while rollerskating on a tractor.

:baby04:

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Ah, but you forgot an important person who helps keeps this board going!! Melissa, and all the other mods.. they are the best..

But Pat, doubt you'll see this seeing i'm on your ignore list.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Patnewmex....after my rant you may want to add me to the list as grouchiest....lol....but that's OK.

Why do people feel the need to extract already popular people out of a group, such as this or any group) and elevate them by having them 'win' popularity awards?....when there is absolutely no need for it? Does this benefit the whole group's well-being...does this make everyone feel good about themselves? No! It reminds me a bit of the myriad of Hollywood award shows, where they all get a chance to pat each other on the back for how brilliant they are.

By the way.....I like everyone that's on the most popular list....lol....just to get that clarified.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Best Name and down-to-earth person award goes to Big Rockpile

:bowtie: Oh I'm so Humbled.Thanks to my DW standing by me and helping this last year.And thanks to Melissa keeping me in Line.And yes to my many Supporters and Friends that Voted for me on this Award. :sing:

big rockpile

·
Registered
305 Posts
To Pink Bat: Ah! It's all in fun! Besides, when I read these awards it brought a big smile to my face. As a fairly newcomer here, I new these people & agreed with the awards. It's a way of telling these neat characters that they are appreciated. They still put their pants on one foot at a time like the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
18,020 Posts
Hey, and if I have anything to say about this hub-bub, I'd like to propose a new award category that I'm gonna name the "Ol' Hoot Award." And, it would be my pleasure to nominate the best preachers on the forum to...ZealYouthGuy and Boleyz. You two preach my kinda religion. If either of you two preached in my town, I'd be a charter member, dontchaknow!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
edayna said:
You know, it might not be a bad idea to have a REAL award roundup, giving members a chance to vote. Just a thought.

I nominate Pinkbat for "Emily Post award." :)
Who is that? I hope it's someone important....lol.

Seriously, though, someone at GC started a thread about who do we like....it seemed that the same popular people were named over and over again...which is fine with me.......but what bothered me was that quite a few people expressed being sad because they NEVER make it onto popularity threads.

But since you are continuing to play against my wishes.....I nominate.....

trixiwick for having the most common sense.

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
As the person who shoots the straightest, I nominate: Ardie :dance:

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
PinkBat said:
Who is that? I hope it's someone important....lol.

Seriously, though, someone at GC started a thread about who do we like....it seemed that the same popular people were named over and over again...which is fine with me.......but what bothered me was that quite a few people expressed being sad because they NEVER make it onto popularity threads.

I agree it's like High School all over again.. lol well not quite as bad.. I like alot of people on here.. I like you to Pink Bat, I can maybe name 2 i dont really care for but i'm not going there!

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
PinkBat said:
Why do people feel the need to extract already popular people out of a group, such as this or any group) and elevate them by having them 'win' popularity awards?....when there is absolutely no need for it? Does this benefit the whole group's well-being...does this make everyone feel good about themselves? No! It reminds me a bit of the myriad of Hollywood award shows, where they all get a chance to pat each other on the back for how brilliant they are.

By the way.....I like everyone that's on the most popular list....lol....just to get that clarified.
I'm popular? I didn't know that! :shrug:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Best posts concerning our food supply - LADYCAT

1 - 20 of 60 Posts