Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
How What Where Unknown
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this today:

A Will to Ride

This encroachment happens everywhere. People buy land with out the knowledge to be proper stewards of it. What good is land for AG if it is not used and poorly managed. Manicured lawn for acre after acre is not what we need more of. IMHO :shrug:

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Great article.

Alas, in this country, there are no laws against crazy urbanites moving into the country..... and trying to convert it into the cesspool they left behind.

No zoning at all out here in the country... so if land comes up for sale nearby, you have two choices, buy it, and control what happens, or don't buy it, and forever rue that day, when a housing development of commercial establishment sets up shop.

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
It's basically called 'human overpopulation'. Only so much landholdings available.
People are going to develop and live somewhere. More people...more land taken away for them to live. Not a complex thing to really understand, is it?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
that has got to be the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. these people obviously have way too much time on their hands, if all they have to worry about is the dust a single horse kicks up trotting down the road. i wonder what they would say about it if she decided to race dirt track modifieds? i live 1/8 of a mile from the local dirt track and wouldn't dream of complaining over the noise or the dirt. i knew it was there when i moved in, and have to deal with it. the man who bought the house across the road from the track actually filed lawsuits to have it closed down because it makes too much noise on friday nights. the judge took one look at the paperwork and tossed it out of court. his grandson races there. some people just want their sterile, boring little lives to be sterile and boring. i kinda feel sorry for them. the chapmans could have learned alot about how the neighborhood works from that family. and they have just lost neighbors that would have been valuable friends and assets when things get tough in the winter. where will they go the first time the power goes out?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Where in the article does it say the complaining neighbours came from the city?

The article says the horse riding family recently moved into the area. Maybe the horse owners moved in from the city and the people complaining are country folk who don't like the wealthy newcomers.

Maybe it's a tight, rural Christian community and the complaining neighbours are hard line 'Jesus is Lord over Colorado' types who don't like the look of the new Asian neighbours.

The only thing I know for sure is that the newspaper is trying to lead me by the nose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.