Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Human baby ( clarifying for those who like to make jokes).
For stuff like expecting, diapering, what to expect, announcements, advice, baby wearing ETC.
Seems it could be realy useful.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Please grant their request, those of us without babies really would rather have such topics segregated!
You can skip those threads you know!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
suburbanite said:
Please grant their request, those of us without babies really would rather have such topics segregated!

You realy need to get over yourself.
I asked because it would make it easier to find those topics if they were in a section of their own. And it would be realy nice to have a place where we did not have to be careful about the celebration of life.
If you realy must go and talk about how we are over populating the world and how you wish we were regulated as to how many we could have and to talk of how our babies are a waste of space and infringing on the rights of others, you could always come and visit the babies forum.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
There is a Bible forum, you have to subscribe though... exactly how to do so escapes me at the moment, someone else will have to fill that in.

And, erm... this IS the Countryside families forum, as kstornado said, babies are family too. I would think if you had a problem with babies you just wouldn't read it.

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
IMO, babies are a part of life and life is a part of families. I'm comfortable with baby discussions in CF! I rarely read them because I'm past that segment of my life, but I feel they are a great source of information and comfort for new and established parents.

If we have a 'baby' forum, then we need a 'teenager' forum or a 'preteen' forum or a 'post teen' forum. The list goes on and on.

If babies and pregnancy is of no interest to a member, well then, don't read it!

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
I've never had any babies and never will, but I wish we'd keep baby posts in the CF forum. :) In fact, I wish we'd keep a whole lot of stuff in the CF forum. I don't have time to read posts in all those subforums.

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
If we move the babies to another forum all their own, then I wouldn't accidentally get a peek at all those cute little CF angels! We can't move them! I'm too old for making my own, too, but that doesn't mean I don't like to ogle and drool over others babies.

·
Registered
948 Posts
#1, I think CF should stay as is. I enjoy the rich mix of topics here, and if CF were to be split into a dozen sub-boards where each one gets about two posts a day, well, the whole thing would lose momentum drastically and it just wouldn't be as lively and fun as it can be now.

If someone is seeking advice on a particular baby topic he/she can either use the Search function that is already in place or post a new thread. Sure, there is the occasional rash (pun intended) of baby threads, but whenever I begin to find them tiresome I just glide on by - just as I do when I notice an unusually high number of Christian threads - because I recognize that both aspects are important parts of many people's notion of "family." [ETA: when I realize I'm getting bored or cranky at seeing a bunch of threads all under the same umbrella topic, I figure it's just me having a lousy mood and not that other posters are bent on taking over the world.]

#2, I think this might be a bad time to make such a request, given that (a) this is usually a very busy time on the homestead, and (b) if non-baby threads have been read, it's clear that Melissa has bigger fish to fry at the moment. Maybe wait until February, after you've explored every other board in the forum, and see if you still think the idea has merit.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
After being told I need to stop reproducing in a thread and told I should get fitted for an IUD and my children are a waste of space, I can see why we would like to have a place where such things were not said. But the truth is, they would just come there and spread their hatred. I have no problem with opposing opinions......one my favorite posters is Willow and we couldn't be more different if we tried. She is always respectful and never hateful. And I learn so much from her. Some other people are just looking to be hateful and shocking for attention. 1 million nice ways to state an opinion and they have to go for the poke the puppy route every single time.
I never understood why people who have such distaste for children came to a FAMILY forum anyways. I certainly have no desire to go to the Single forum, cause you know.... I ain't single. LOL But to each his own.
Josiah ("Jojo") says.....I ain't leaving until the party is over! ;)

God Bless,
Michele

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jen74145 said:
There is a Bible forum, you have to subscribe though... exactly how to do so escapes me at the moment, someone else will have to fill that in.

And, erm... this IS the Countryside families forum, as kstornado said, babies are family too. I would think if you had a problem with babies you just wouldn't read it.
Oh, but that is exactly why I inquired about one. The posters with ill feelings make it there mission to ensure we get the full effect of their distaste of children/babies.
I just thought it would be nice to have a safe place to celebrate. That's all.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
One reason I think that baby posts should just stay right here is that it gives a lot of parents who have grown up babies a chance to see topics, read them and weigh in with seasoned advice. I really appreciate hearing from those who have been there done that.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Are the people who are very sensitive to consistently opposing viewpoints aware of the Ignore feature? If a search in CF doesn't provide the information, a search in Admin certainly would, and I think it would go a long way toward protecting your own feelings - whereas subdividing this forum, I suspect, would do nothing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts