Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife keeps telling me about how much food is at the grocery store when she goes into pick up odd and end things.

I keep saying well the price off gas has been comming down so it should start to fall ????

but then I started thinking alot of large farms operate off of credit and we all know how that is going with banks right. So I through into google food shortage 2009 and got a ton of responses.

alot of analyst are prediciting problems due to the fact that it is hard to obtain credit, There no money to Lend, some crops sale for less then what it cost to make them now.

In my opion I dont think we will see a food shortage in america but we could see the price of certain food jump up very high.I could also see other country's that could suffer from a food shortage could be put into a state of distress causing problems through out the world.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Seems likely. Buy stuff now before it gets worse.

·
Registered
546 Posts
First you need to fully understand that food did not go up because of gas prices. Gas prices and food rose because of MASSIVE inflation. With the TRILLION of dollars that are being pumped into the system expect everything to get MUCH higher in the following year. Expect food shortages because a huge portion of our food comes from other countries and well because of the credit crisis we're going to be short a lot of food. GET FOOD NOW.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
food is just like everything else, there's plenty of it,if you have the money.
The funny thing is, we grow more than we can use & even import more than we use! The high costs have nothing to do with availability. It's our crazy economic system with the stock market run on emotion & greed. :flame:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts