1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HeritageSpotsAndFeathers
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I think you are probably paying a premium price for the convenience of having it all together in one bucket. You could probably put one together yourself for less than half the price and you could be assured that what is in the bucket are things you'll really eat. If you ever really needed to use it, something will have happened already to make life miserable. It wouldn't be the time to find out that everything in the bucket is food that is disgusting to eat. Put together your own kit and include foods that will be yummy for you to eat and other products you will really use. For example, I saw something in the kit about earthquake something or other... are you in earthquake country? If not, it would be a superfluous item to have in an emergency bucket. JMHO.

G

·
I think you are probably paying a premium price for the convenience of having it all together in one bucket. You could probably put one together yourself for less than half the price and you could be assured that what is in the bucket are things you'll really eat. If you ever really needed to use it, something will have happened already to make life miserable. It wouldn't be the time to find out that everything in the bucket is food that is disgusting to eat. Put together your own kit and include foods that will be yummy for you to eat and other products you will really use. For example, I saw something in the kit about earthquake something or other... are you in earthquake country? If not, it would be a superfluous item to have in an emergency bucket. JMHO.
I agree. Just pack a BOB with things that are relevant to YOU.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Even though the first one is $99 that's not such a bad price. I know what I paid for some of the things I bought this year (like the plastic toilet seat) and a couple of solar blankets. But you don't get to pick and choose what goes in the bucket. I'd rather buy things as I find them or think of them, or they come on sale, and assemble them myself.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
The bucket one looks like a good present for someone who is thinking about prepping, but doesn't get around to it, or an older person.

The sanitary napkins could be used as bandages if needed, but what's the whistle for? :confused:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
what's the whistle for? :confused:
I think it's so if you get lost in the forest, have a building collapse around you or possibly you are trapped in an elevator you don't have to strain your voice. It's easier to just give a few short whistle blast.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I think it's so if you get lost in the forest, have a building collapse around you or possibly you are trapped in an elevator you don't have to strain your voice. It's easier to just give a few short whistle blast.
Unless the whistle is still in the bucket. :lookout:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Unless the whistle is still in the bucket. :lookout:

well it's not supposed to be!!!!:p Ya see we're grown ups and would look silly carrying around a gazoo so they give us a whistle! :icecream:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
generally, I find the kits a bit much money for what you get, and a little too general purpose and not adapted to my needs. However, I find looking at the lists of various kits useful, to compare to my own lists to see if I'm missing anything.
--sgl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts