Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Starting Monday, Nov. 16, the wholesale club says it will require all members, guests and employees to wear a face mask or face shield with the exception of children under 2.
"Members and guests must wear a face mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times," Costco said on its COVID-19 updates page. "Individuals who are unable to wear a face mask due to a medical condition must wear a face shield. ... Entry to Costco will be granted only to those wearing a face mask or face shield."

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Good, I hope other places upgrade their efforts all things considered at this time.

I recentlÿ went to the Dr. and from what I saw there was 100 percent compliance, amazing!
Along with a temperature check at the door, masks were available to anyone who needed one.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We do not have a mask mandate in my county, but every week , I hear about more businesses mandating masking up before entering. Most are providing them if you don't have one.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Good, I hope other places upgrade their efforts all things considered at this time.

I recentlÿ went to the Dr. and from what I saw there was 100 percent compliance, amazing!
Along with a temperature check at the door, masks were available to anyone who needed one.
So a sick person with high temperature is not admitted into the doctors office ?

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
39,400 Posts
The doctors here have separate entrances and waiting areas for folks with elevated temperature or other Covid symptoms.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

My doctor would house calls if I text him. For his office visits it's sit in the truck and wait to come in the office...

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here they built a small buildings next to the clinic to check temps before you are allowed into the building . It use to be a tent. Anyone with a high temp s looked at there and given a covid test.

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Went to Costco a couple days ago. Very nice guy hands masks out at the door if you don't have one. Getting what I want to buy is a priority over wearing a mask for a half hour. I certainly don't want to die on this hill.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
My doctors office is attached to the hospital building, they are even doing drive up lab blood draws if you desire not to enter the building.
My observation was 100 percent mask wearing compliance, if the hospital/dr office can achieve this without incident so can Costco, etc.

·
Premium Member
15,871 Posts
There is no excuse for people not to wear masks when in public. What right do they have to risk infecting other people and spreading the virus?

Reactions: colourfastt

·
Registered
20,986 Posts
At the rate the news is reporting new infections I figure the whole country has the covid by now.
I am also concerned COVID will run out of victims before politicians find a new way to control the people. Yesterday we reported over 160,000 new cases and some experts say the real infection rate is 10X what we are finding through testing. For some reason back in April we were only finding 30,000 new cases a day and had a death rate around 2500 a day but now we are finding 5 times as many new cases a day but the daily death rate is only half what it was back then. I think Gov. Cuomo has concluded that the virus can only be caught between 10PM and 5 AM because that is the hours he is shutting things down.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts