corrugated fiberglass panels

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Gercarson, May 1, 2004.

1. Gercarson

Gercarson Well-Known Member Supporter

Is there a "safe" way to trim these roofing panels? I was told that the only way was to use tin snips - I've seen them cut very cleanly and without the ragged edge that snipping would create - also said that taking a circular saw running it backwards would melt it clean - still seems to be something amiss in that explanation - anybody care to clue me and whoever else would like to know how to trim these corrugated fiberglass panels?

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    That would be putting the blade on backwards that works, teeth to the top rear. Move slowly,let the blade heat up. Works with sheet metal also.

3. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Well-Known Member

Guess from your post that you already have the panels, however I know when my Dad covered his carport that they were just as expensive as the vinyl or polycarbonate panels at Lowes. They come in many colors and we cut them with a saw, but they can be cut with snips also. It eliminates the fiberglass dust problem.

4. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I built a wire heat line using a power supply and load resistor to cut mine and wore a respirator mask to avoid breathing the fumes.