Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this may sound crazy but what on earth are architectural salvage yards called these days?? I am looking for a old huge utility sink (cast iron).. these plastic ones they have for sale make me shutter! I have looked in the junk stores, the antique stores, ebay and Craig's list and looked in the large cities around me for this type of salvage on the net. Does no one do this any more? IS it called something else now? Where does one go for salvaged sinks?? Thanks QB

·
Registered
695 Posts
Preservation Hall is about 10 miles north of Asheville, if they don't have it they might tell you where to look.
As far as what they call em now days....I got no idee :shrug:
You might also want to check out IWANNA Asheville trade paper...maybe even post a "wanted ad" there.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
Do a search at http://www.switchboard.com in the category space for used building materials. On the next window it will ask for zip code area of stores you seek.

In the Yellow Pages I would look for Building Materials, Used.

Also seek out used material stores operated by Habitat for Humanity.

Cast iron utility sink shows many available on the web, but are new and costly as well as having a shipping factor.

Ebay item #270144419321 is a cast iron kitchen sink of the large open style which they also call a farm laundry sink.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you have any "Habitat for Humanity" stores around you check them out.
Ours has one store for building materials and fixtures and another for households and furniture.

Shelly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts