Corn Burners

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Ken in Minn, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Ken in Minn

Ken in Minn Well-Known Member

Hi All
    Anybody know of the newer corn burnners. Are they any good. Have they got the clinker problem solved? We are thinking of getting one. Would like as much input as we can find. Anybody with experiance with them?
    Thanks

Ken in Minn.

2. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

If you do a forum search on CORN in title only you should be able to find a number of threads on corn stoves or furnaces. People seem to either love or hate them.

If they are popular in an area I'm wondering if there might not be a part-time business supplying corn. You sign up buyers in advance of the heating season. Say you purchase a pallot load at the local farmers' co-op in 50 pound bags. You then deliver the amount requested by each customer.

I had someone contact me via e-mail on how much they loved their new one. They said they bought the corn delivered in 5-gallon buckets, with a $1.00 per bucket deposit. One aspect of this, if you can find a free supply of buckets, is they are likely to find many uses for them around the house. Thus, you basically sell them the bucket for the $1.00. A bucket will hold about 35 pounds of whole kernel corn. This would give the option of buying the corn in bulk (perhaps in an old field hopper) and then filling buckets as needed.

Ken Scharabok