Cordwood home update

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sisterpine, Aug 24, 2005.

1. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

I wonder why you could not add something pretty to the cordwood set up. My neighbor is building a cord wood art studio that is about 16 by 20 and I do believe (besides having a zillion large windows ) that he is doing some of the old glass soda bottles as well just for the nice colors! Cordwood is an enormous amount of work (by the way, spraying the body sap with PAM then waiting a couple of minutes makes it come off really easy, even off of glasses if you were wearing them!) but sure makes some lovely homes. I am concerned about the current cost of cement you face though, will take a bite out of the old wallet for sure. Have a wonderful time, keep us posted and don't forget to strut with pride at your accomplishments once in a while too!

2. doohap

doohap Another American Patriot

Does sound great, but down here we're hitting the triple digits and working on anything outdoors isn't great at all! :)

Peace and smiles,
    doohap

3. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

That is why God created night! Work at night. That is what I did while living in Arizona during the summers. We slept in the afternoon and worked from 10 PM till 2-3 am. Worked like a champ as long as you had no really close neighbors who would whine about the noise of any power equipment you were using!

4. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

It's called a "cant hook."