Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those copper looking beetles are destrying my crops & trees :grump: .Any thoughts on organic sprays to get rid of them? I try to avoid chemical poisons.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Japanese beetle traps and milkyspore sprayed on soil are two organic methods there may be others but these two are all I know about. Hope you find something that works. they can really eat alot. My grapes and roses and cannas are their favorite foods around my place. :flame:

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
I'm using an organic method to eliminate them. Right thumbnail pops off their heads as left thumb and forefinger are holding them. Very effective! Tried tossing them to the ground and stepping on them but now and then one will take off. Didn't find more than a half dozen total last year. Now easily finding that many during the daily walk-throughs in the bean patch.

Martin

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
Paquebot said:
I'm using an organic method to eliminate them. Right thumbnail pops off their heads as left thumb and forefinger are holding them. Very effective!
Martin

lol, i use the opposite configuration. they lose their heads pretty easily. i learned the hard way not to do that to squash bugs...yuck!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was tossing them into a milk jug w/water & feeding them to my pondfish who were feasting happily. I wanted to find something to prevent daily returns.But thank you. :angel:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts