Cool Smell Trees

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by big rockpile, Feb 17, 2005.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Been planting Pines,to me they smell kind of Plain Jane.Got Cedars coming up all over the property,love the smell of them.This year I orderd 25 Spruce,got to smelling them,dang they smell pretty good.

One of these days my place will be Green year round :D

big rockpile

2. Shazza

Shazza Well-Known Member Supporter

:D Equally as good is the smell of the Peppermint Gums after a morning dew or rain....wish I could bottle it and attach it to this post... :)
    Must plant some of those Pines myself.. :)

3. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

hey brp it's stop and smell the roses not snif the evergreens!!!! you sure that pine tree was not in the truck dangling of the mirror? we have a ten acre spruce bush out front and on a warm spring day can almost smell the oxygen comeing outa there! nice spruce scent!!soon my nose will be plugging up due to pollen and i will smell very little .helps when emptying barns and the overflow pit.

4. NativeRose

NativeRose Texas Country Grandma

I love the smell of pine and cedar. Not many pines left here in the Huntsville, Texas area. They are logging areas that are over 100 years old :no: I remember when I could smell pines all year long. It is hard to see forests that have been a part of your life for all of your life disappear. These large acreages were bought up by out of state and out of country interests. The displaced wildlife is moving in on me.

Peppermint gums sound nice. Are they related to the sweet gum trees?

5. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

sounds rel nice rockpile, I just love the smell of honeysuckle
    wish it would bloom year round. and my ole lilac,wish that would bloom all the time, smells so good, and fresh.
    I just know what yo umean. your pines will smell really good after a good rain. mine do. I am allergic to them, but love to smell them.
    sounds like your gettin your homestead, done up real nice.
    I am happy for you. love to read all about your place.