Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the hubby started prepping for dinner yesterday--cutting veggies, brining one of the turkeys (he's going to barbeque the other one). He does the majority of the cooking in our house, and even though he doesn't realize it, his "style" has changed since spending the year in Virginia. His mom has an old woodstove that almost never saw any action :rolleyes: until DH fired it up a week or two ago. When he came back in the house after going up to his mom's house early this morning, he was all proud of himself because he's got that woodstove fired up again...and four dishes cooking away on top of it! The turkey is in the oven up at his mom's, the other one will be on the grill later and they've got a ham going. He's got green beans he picked by the bushel this summer and froze that are cooking for today, the sweet potatoes are peeled and prepped, but he's got me doing the bread...

I love my husband...and so does my appetite! :D

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Be thankful that he didn't request a scrapple breakfast and then drag you out fishing for stripped bass. ;)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be thankful that he didn't request a scrapple breakfast and then drag you out fishing for stripped bass. ;)
As long as it's beef scrapple (yeah, they make it since I can't eat the other scrapple LOL!) and I might actually be game for going fishing...

Wanna trade husbands for a day? :D

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I traded in the husband for the me, myself and I model a few years back but I do miss the fishing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts