Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,828 Posts
I made this one at Thanksgiving, it tasted pretty good to me and I'm normally a Miracle Whip fan instead of Mayo. ;)

Cooked Mayonnaise

3 Large California Egg Yolks
2 tablespoons vinegar OR lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
1 cup vegetable oil
In small saucepan, stir together egg yolks, vinegar , water, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended.
Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles in 1 or 2 places. Remove from heat. Let stand 4 minutes.
Pour into blender container. Cover and blend at high speed. While blending, very slowly add oil. Blend until thick and smooth. Occasionally, turn off blender and scrape down sides of container with rubber spatula, if necessary.
Cover and chill if not using immediately.
Makes about 1 1/4 cups.

Recipe provided courtesy of Chino Valley Ranchers.

·
Banned
2,828 Posts
Sounds perfect. I found a recipe that called for one cup of sugar! I thought that seemed very extreme, or was a typo!!! I'll try this one, of course I'll be using OHIO eggs, but hopefully that won't make much of a difference.... LOL

The recipe you have sounds more like my beloved Miracle Whip-could you post the recipe or pm me if you don't want others to get a sugar overload? lol

I'll have to use Iowa eggs unless I can find some of those imported Missouri eggs. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts