Contact information for Kitchen Queen Manufacturer??

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mommykood, Jan 12, 2005.

1. mommykood

mommykood Active Member

Hello! :)

Just wondering if anyone knows the contact information (phone number) for the manufacturer of the Kitchen Queen wood stove? I am pretty sure they are in MI, but I am not positive...

I would like to order a Kitchen Queen from them directly, not through a "store."

Thanks! :)

Jen

2. BobBoyce

BobBoyce Well-Known Member

Most manufacturers, if they even sell to the public, will charge full suggested retail. They prefer you buy from distributors or dealers. You may want to look into pricing from a distributor. They should be the lowest price point.

Bob

3. mommykood

mommykood Active Member

Still looking for the contact information (address or phone number) for the Kitchen Queen cookstove manufacturers... :)

PLEASE HELP! I have been searching for over a month now and really want the contact information!! :)

Thanks SO much!

Jen

4. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

It says that its made by the Amish. I don't think they have telephones, faxes, etc.

You might try a Chamber of Commerce of a city that has a multitude of Amish and see if they are built there.

I know some things were built around Waterloo, Iowa area, but don't remember what.

Good luck on your quest.

Angie

5. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

Kitchen Queen stoves, are made by the same family that make pioneer maids, how ever the kitchen queens are made in hersey michigan. and they are very good stoves.
    If you are Amish they cost, 16 hundred, or there abouts, if you are an englister, add a thousand to it. the yare wonderful stoves, my amish friend has one, it hold its heat very well, has a huge firebos, and is pretty air tight. it is an all around good stove, just remember to clean the ashes out around the oven. YOU can ask an amish person just where the farm is, because the ydon't have phones, or anything, and it has moved a couple of times, from one farm to another,
    If I were you, I would go up to the area, and stop and ask an amish man, how to get to the farm where the ymake kitchen queens, and they will tell you exactly.
    You could even ask some amish around Rosebush, michigan, and they will tell you
    where to go. I had an amish lady tell me that is how they found the p[lace, and for me to do the same thing, for directions, just remember, Amish have one price for amish , and one for the englisters, usually the english,[all americans thataren't amish], the price for us, is usually 1ooo$ more on the stoves, but from what I saw of her stove, It is worth far more than she paid. IT is a very good stove, and I wish I had the 26 hundred or so to get one. you can't go wrong , in getting one. IT is a really good stove.

6. missyinohio

missyinohio Well-Known Member

I don't know if they stoves have moved to another location, but they used to be made in Marion MI. I can give that contact information, and I'm sure that they can tell you how to contact them.

Kitchen Queen Stoves
    Freeman Troyer
    7414 20 Mile Rd
    Marion MI 49665
    616-743-9865 (they ARE Amish and the DO have a telephone)
    They have two sizes of stove, and a few years ago, if you bought in the spring, was like $1400 for the smaller one, and $1600 for the larger one.

I know that one of his sons was ill from doing the welding on them and that they were selling the business.

Now, I disagree with what the above poster said. I don't know about the new owners, but there were never two prices from Freeman. You wrote for a brochure directly from them, and the pricing was the same that was advertised in the Budget (Amish newspaper). Maybe that is true in some Amish areas, but was not true of this business. He is a minister in his district. We have close friends in the church there and know Freeman.

7. mommykood

mommykood Active Member

I agree with everything you've said. :) I did find that contact information through the 'net, on the Backwoods forums. My hubby contacted Freeman by phone, and we have ordered the large Kitchen Queen. It was $1925, including the 24 gallon water reservior, heating coil, 9" side shelves, and shipping! I am SO excited!! :)

Freeman's pricing is the same for any person who orders the stove, and it doesn't vary from person to person. He was a very nice person to work with and I can't wait for my stove to be delivered. We saved $600+ buying directly from Freeman versus buying through a website...

Thanks so much for this information! :) Jen

8. missyinohio

missyinohio Well-Known Member

Glad you were able to get that taken care of. The only place I see them listed online is much more expensive. At first I was thinking the price had gone up a lot, but then I realized that I was quoting a base price not including shipping, so it must be pretty much the same. If we have enough money left from our tax return after paying some medical bills, I hope to get a Kitchen Queen for next winter. :)