Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My house is getting cold! I only have 3 baseboard heaters hooked up and don't really want to hook up more because I am buying oil soon.

I have a 240v construction heater with blower that would make my space toasty warm but some people have told me that they really suck a lot of electricity. Can anybody tell me how it would compare to baseboards as far as consumption.... It's a Uniwatt model UCH48 20 amp, 4800 watts.

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
My house is getting cold! I only have 3 baseboard heaters hooked up and don't really want to hook up more because I am buying oil soon.

I have a 240v construction heater with blower that would make my space toasty warm but some people have told me that they really suck a lot of electricity. Can anybody tell me how it would compare to baseboards as far as consumption.... It's a Uniwatt model UCH48 20 amp, 4800 watts.

You have the answer there. just take the Watts and see how much the base boards are then see for sure. I doubt that any electric heat will save you any money but some one told me that it doesn't make any difference electric is the same per BTU used it doesn't make a difference whether it is a hair drier or a large central unit you pay for the BTU used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts