Homesteading Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Only masks I've seen are at the hardware store. 20 bucks for a box of 20.

If they force us to wear masks, I'll be wearing a bandana. Looks stupid, but fits in with the narrative and juat as effective as people wearing t-shirt masks or guaze masks.

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
77,328 Posts
*IF* you want to insult someone, at least know the subject well enough you don't embarrass yourself.
Like when telling people the "correct" diameter for a 44 caliber cap and ball revolver projectile?

·
77,328 Posts
And it was their choice, their own actions that have brought the current scrutiny.
Being held accountable for your own actions will happen eventually...
Unless there's "unfair moderation"? ;)

·
77,328 Posts
Yup, plus the ones who deliberately cough on people when asked to wear a mask.
JeepHammer said:
..The last guy that did this, I dropped the mask and coughed in his direction, pardoning myself saying I just got back from a COVID area (true) and wasn't feeling well (maybe a stretch),
Couldn't have caught that guy on a motorcycle with jet engines on his way out of there!...

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
JeepHammer said:
..The last guy that did this, I dropped the mask and coughed in his direction, pardoning myself saying I just got back from a COVID area (true) and wasn't feeling well (maybe a stretch),

Uhhh, kudos to you for reading that far into a post.
I never get past 3 or four sentences, if that far.

·
The Prairie Homemaker
2,962 Posts
The whole mask thing to me is like the wearing dresses thing.
I have had ladies tell me they got "shamed" for only wearing dresses by other ladies who wear mostly pants.
I have never experienced that. Then again I wear an attitude that says I am me, you are you, don't confuse the 2.
I do what i do. What I see as the right thing to do. I don't change due to public opinion. Even when my son begins ragging on me calling me fascist and what ever.
Don't pay attention to what others do. You are responsible for you, I am responsible for me end of story.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,202 Posts
Would you wear a mask if it meant more businesses would be allowed to open?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Any business or home can require people to wear a mask to enter. It’s legal to do so. The potential customer then decides if they want to shop there. Using mask as a reason to not open business is just irrational.

Some business, politicians, people might prefer the government to require it so that they are not responsible for wanting it in their business or dealing with those that do not wear mask. Or loosing votes over it. That way the government can be blamed and no one has to be held accountable. Also irrational behavior.

Have I missed something that says a a mask is guaranteed to PREVENT a individual from becoming ill ?

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,202 Posts
The government in areas is restricting businesses from open of infection rates. If wearing masks reduces inecttion rates so it is possible to allow more businesses to open , would you wear a mask?

·
77,328 Posts
Would you wear a mask if it meant more businesses would be allowed to open?
People should be "allowed" to make their own choices.

The government in areas is restricting businesses from open of infection rates. If wearing masks reduces inecttion rates so it is possible to allow more businesses to open , would you wear a mask?
See above.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts