Conditions are Just Perfect! for a kidding!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by moosemaniac, Jan 18, 2005.

1. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

Okay, so temperatures are in the single digits today and we have a windchill warning all day, not to mention Lake Effect Snow! I'm at work, so if I have to go home it's takes 30 minutes on a good day. My son is watching our very, very pregnant doe. Her tail is up, her tummy is low and she's probably going to kid today because it's sooooooo crappy outside.

Just wanted to spout off. Thanks for listening!

Ruth

2. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

:haha: Didn't mean to laugh, but you sound like me. That seems to be when everything around here wants to have babies, is the coldest, nastiest night. Hope she waits until you get home.

3. Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith Well-Known Member

I hear you Ruth. Usually I borrow the buck once my friend is done with her breeding (most of my kids are born in May & June) , but this year decided to buy one at an auction. I figure babies can start arriving as soon as February. It's kind of nicer to have them bred later so the weather has warmed!

Good luck, and let us know the results.

4. 1farmgirl

1farmgirl Well-Known Member

I have 3 fat ladies a waiting :) All are uddering up big and beautiful, all are sunken around their floppy tails, but one is swollen with some gunky stuff coming out, so we've been on baby watch all day. As near as I can figure, it has been 145 days since No. 77 (the buck's name :rolleyes: ) was first introduced. Yes, it's cold here (for us anyway) been staying in the low 20's some teens at night so we've been really expecting babies anytime. Good luck with yours, moosemaniac and stay warm!!

5. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

Geeze I sure hope she waits a bit for you. I am waiting on one too and was hoping she waited until tomarrow at least, because it has been cold down here too. But not in the single digits thank goodness 21 was the lowest but tonight only 39 and tomarrow back up in the 60's Sorry just had to gloat a bit./
    GOOD LUCK

6. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

Not knowing her due date is a real problem. I will never let Ollie run with the girls again!!!!!!! Anyway, no kids yesterday, thank goodness. HOWEVER, today is a bit warmer, but only today. The windchills are at about -20 today and to top it off we have no water! DH staying home to fix that problem and I can't go to work without a shower. What a week this is starting out to be!
    Ruth

7. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

I got 3 due, any time, but I am hoping that the y hold off. got a big storm moving in this week end, so i figure, they will probably have to kid then, just because that is when they do it.

8. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

Hope you got your water back on. I sure know how that goes here because no pipes are insulated or anything we have to shut our water off if it is even gona get down to freezing. We have to do something abt that, Thank goodness it doesn't happen too often.

9. chas

chas Well-Known Member

I know what you mean,when it hits near zero I start checking my girls regular. Miss one time and I have babys all over the place!!!!