concrete

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by horselogger, Mar 14, 2005.

1. horselogger

horselogger Well-Known Member

anyone have experience pouring a concrete floor/ceiling,as in the roof of the first floor /floor for the second??any thought would be appreciated..Lee

2. DMoniot

DMoniot New Member

No direct experience, but my cube partner beside me is a structural engineer. Is this an existing frame house? If so, you're probably out of luck. If you're simply looking for a polished concrete look, they have some good lightweight products on the market and some are even self leveling. Do an internet search on lightweight polished concrete flooring.

My structural buddy here says that the additional load (rebar and concrete) for conventional concrete floor would be (probably) higher than the original structures design loading...

3. farminghandyman

farminghandyman Well-Known Member Supporter

what kind of info are you looking for, structural, tips on how to, or how to form it or what,

how big and purposes of it,

I have done a few small projects, (note small), the biggest one was a concrete deck on my generator shed that is about 15' x 20', wanted a tornado resistance building, so I built a concrete reinforced building with a 6" roof deck of concrete light weight aggregate, and used a steel decking material left in place, for the major bottom of the form, and lay-ed 1/2" rebar about every 8" criss crossed, all wired in place,

and have done a few other projects,

I used a paddle ear corn elevator to elevate the concrete up to the deck it worked, but not as good as I thought it would the pressed steel chains got aggregate in them and started to break, we were able to wire it up and get it done, I have heard of using a loader tractor bucket,

then of course there is renting a concrete pump,

look in to prestressed concrete decks that you place into place with a crane, pre enginered and pre poured.