Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Im brand new to this forum. Today my Nigerian Doe(18 months old first pregnancy) had 2 successful kids however before they came out she birthed a Large empty sac ... I assumed this was a kid that never developed as I could see blood veins and some particles . ..once she delivered it, she proceeded to lick it frantically as if it was a kid . Next she had a boy, then a girl ...and finally her placenta which she consumed . If the other kids came after this empty sac and her placenta are we in the clear or could there be a dead baby in there ? Im posting picture of the empty sac .

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
Looks normal to me. Fetal membranes can be expelled slightly out of order or folded upon itself, causing false extra sacs like you saw. It can be misleading in appearance. If the doe has cleaned out (dropped afterbirth), then likely she is done kidding. I usually bounce and even reach inside to feel if I expect more.

Reactions: amylou70 and SueBee
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.