Homesteading Forum banner

221 - 240 of 246 Posts

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,617 Posts
I guess I misunderstood. That has existed in this new format with the "new" button since the change on my browser.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,617 Posts
I have my settings in preferences set to automatically watch or follow posts I interact with. So if I open and read, it shows in my new even if I have already read it.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,889 Posts
Where?

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,696 Posts
The bottom line is they've done stuff with this platform that is not intuitive and too many hoops need to be jumped through to get even the most basic things to work.
Exactly.

There's been no real "improvement" aside from appearance (which I love) and the speed at which pages load.

The end result so far is we have to work harder to get less....

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Found something else that isn't working right. Following. I've got stuff popping up in mine that I did not post to. Simply reading should not be an automatic follow.

·
38,889 Posts
Yes, I had noticed that, too, but ignored it. Sigh.

My son is a software engineer, so I know that setting up something new is a ROYAL pain in the patookis. However, I also know that the administration isn't communicating that they are trying to fix what the USERS see as problems.

·
78,696 Posts

·
78,696 Posts

·
38,889 Posts
I have decided that it is a deliberate decision by the admin/designers in order to trick newbies into posting more. That gets the post count up.

Reactions: 101pigs

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ok so long as we are having a good '*****' about the new look here is one thing that drives me a little squirrely ... if you check for posts via the 'whats new' link (as I always do) but have previously opened one of the posts and then go back to add a comment (via the whats new link) that post is no longer visible. True its no longer 'new' to you but is still a new post to the board and unless you can remember in what part of the forum you saw it its tough to find it. I now keep a link to whats new without the last little bit wich WILL show all the 'new' (recent) posts...https://www.homesteadingtoday.com/whats-new/
How be the 'showcase' crap at the top of that page gets dumped for something more useful?

221 - 240 of 246 Posts