Homesteading Forum banner

181 - 200 of 246 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
I like the recommended posts.
I can’t see how they are causing “chaos”.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,889 Posts
Low grade chaos of folks clicking, responding as if it was a current issue, having it pointed out that it's old, and then other folks commenting as if it's current.

I guess my chaos meter needs re-calibrationo_O.

Reactions: IlliniosGal

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
The best homesteading information is buried in those old threads.
It’s really not necessary to announce that they are old.

·
38,889 Posts
It’s really not necessary, but some folks appear confused, as if they are responding to a current problem. Seems to me that gently pointing it out is the kind thing to do.

Surely the part of the programming that is selecting old threads to recommend could be set to include only posts within the last year or two.

·
Administrator
72 Posts
It’s really not necessary, but some folks appear confused, as if they are responding to a current problem. Seems to me that gently pointing it out is the kind thing to do.

Surely the part of the programming that is selecting old threads to recommend could be set to include only posts within the last year or two.
We have passed on this feedback to the developers.

·
Banned
30,992 Posts
I have a question that is not directly related to the new software. Is bullying, harassing, targeting members for off topic posts, etc. acceptable on Homesteading Today? It seems to break rules 1 and 3 as listed in the revised rules thread on this forum.

Thank you.

·
Registered
28,546 Posts
I have a question that is not directly related to the new software. Is bullying, harassing, targeting members for off topic posts, etc. acceptable on Homesteading Today? It seems to break rules 1 and 3 as listed in the revised rules thread on this forum.

Thank you.
@CricketW will pass that on to the developer

·
Administrator
72 Posts
Bullying and harassment are never okay. Have you reached out to the Moderator Team?

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I really miss the old alerts system. This one is too many clicks and that means , I miss when people ask me a question or respond to a post I made. Not very user friendly.
I have left two other sites because new owners redoing the old site. Making you have to go all over the site to find what you need. That is happening on a lot of sites to keep you on their site longer. Hope this site doesn't start putting a lot of ads on here like a lot of other sites have done. More ads more money for the one putting on the site. I can understand that. :)

·
Administrator
19,228 Posts
Bullying and harassment are never okay. Have you reached out to the Moderator Team?

- Cricket
Members are encouraged to report posts they find concerning and address what rules have been broken.

It is also worth mentioning that when a group of mods review and make a decision, we should not spend the next 48 hours bombarded with endless messages, debating our decision.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
- Cricket

Be aware: Harassing, bullying, etc. are many times in the eye of the recipient.

·
Banned
30,992 Posts

- Cricket
Thank you for responding.

I have reported such posts in the past, but a while ago there was a post added by admin that indicated that "speed reporters" and "high maintenance members" could be banned. I have only reported bullying and harassing posts against other members (not my own) since then, and even then a limited amount. I have received warnings for calling out bullying and harassing off topic posts that were in response to something I've posted.

In my opinion, the off topic bullying and harassing posts are aimed at a group of members whose views are not of the majority at Homesteading Today. And not all other members are involved, there is a core group that will bully and harass (call other members liars and other unflattering names) for their posts. This group will also actively try to get threads that they don't like moved to the dark forums.

To me, the drop in posting, members leaving, etc. is directly related to bullying and harassment. I don't post as much as I used to and I've been a member for 18+ years. I think all anyone wants is to be able to post without being bullied or harassed for their opinion.

Reactions: robin416

·
38,889 Posts
Irish Pixie, I agree. I've been on this forum for an incredibly long time. Behavior has sunk to new lows in the last year.

I'm not saying that I'm an angel, but some folks appear to be carrying a grudge that is aired every day.

·
Banned
30,992 Posts
Irish Pixie, I agree. I've been on this forum for an incredibly long time. Behavior has sunk to new lows in the last year.

I'm not saying that I'm an angel, but some folks appear to be carrying a grudge that is aired every day.
I'm not an angel either, and I try not to respond to the bullying and harassment, but you are correct it's happens every time certain members post.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I'm not an angel either, and I try not to respond to the bullying and harassment, but you are correct it's happens every time certain members post.
I joined the pig forum around 15 years ago. Now not many people post in any of the forums. I hve never reported anyone in any forum. Most times if things get bad i just leave the forum. Only one person in this forum that has posted crap about some of my posts. I put that one on my don't read list. :) Solved that little mess.

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,696 Posts
This song sounds quite familiar........

181 - 200 of 246 Posts