·
Registered
41,831 Posts
They have to be in a tight spot, financially
Quite the opposite

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I haven't been to the Big Burn in years... Seven now. It's no longer is the autonomous zone experiemting in ways to make our own society more free that it was. Now it's a greedy communist ran society that throws kickbacks (art grants) to their friends to make unoriginal art while quashing the civil rights of anyone who dares not follow their agenda.

Montana, well she's still the most free place I've ever been.
So you're not going back? I thought that was what your OP was all about. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Sometimes it's fun to go to Black Rock when there's nobody else there. You can also go during the event but stay outside. They close off 3/4 of the playa to the public, but there's still miles and miles of open playa around it.

I like Montana, too.

·
I love boobies
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So you're not going back? I thought that was what your OP was all about. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Sometimes it's fun to go to Black Rock when there's nobody else there. You can also go during the event but stay outside. They close off 3/4 of the playa to the public, but there's still miles and miles of open playa around it.

I like Montana, too.
I'll go back when they aren't violating participants civil Rights. ...unless I'm at the gate with an unloaded .22 pistol on my hip this year to force this... Until then, I'm going to try out the playa on the Fourth of July with lots of guns.

·
I love boobies
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Get a very large group of people together for days and nights of heavy drinking and drug use? Throw in some firearms, too?
Nah, I'll take a hard pass on that.
People need to take responsibility for themselves. In the beginning firearms were everywhere at The Burn and no one died until an art car ran over some darkwads camped between the cities- back then there were two cities.

Me, I always carry (my G27 on The Mountain and a Baer SRP in town) The sole exception is when I'm tying on one... Which I don't really do any more.

Last year I warned them this was coming, they censored and mocked me. I gave advice on how and where to set up Camp Boom. Suggested the remnants of Peace officers (not JBTs) be approached to volunteer as Range Masters. They should've listened because now if the event isn't cancelled they're going to have a hell of a time finding insurance. Moronic communists

·
Premium Member
24,454 Posts
Update: I gave an "informal challenge to Burning Man's on-site gun ban" to the BLM. They have confirmed they received but have no further comment yet
I'm looking forward to updates.

Reactions: Montanarchist

·
I love boobies
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Here's the latest @Pony
It's official now.

Thank you for the response and understanding that it'll take us sometime to organize to get an activist legally carrying in such a way that that is the only regulation broken.

As it stands right now there will be one costumed bike riding activist traveling though the closure area from the North (Were leaning towards Pershing County) with with an open carry .22 holstered sidearm and a slung Red Ryder BB gun.

Can you provide me contact info for whoever is heading up LEO activities. We want this to go smoothly, professionally and free of due process issues. I would prefer these firearms to unloaded but getting cited is more important.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
That is a very nicely written response, so businesslike. I like that approach.

Can you post what they said to prompt that response? I assume they basically said, "no, that's against such and such rule," but I'd like to see it myself if you don't mind sharing.

·
I love boobies
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The burning man event was declared a Victim Disarmament Zone with the first BLM permit. I gave them an informal challenge but this is what gets pulled out if they try to ignore it

·
I love boobies
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That is a very nicely written response, so businesslike. I like that approach.

Can you post what they said to prompt that response? I assume they basically said, "no, that's against such and such rule," but I'd like to see it myself if you don't mind sharing.
And not all cops are bad, some are actually Peace officers just trying to do right. Mind you, I don't think there's many of those left in the big cities

·
I love boobies
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Begin phase two:

"One’s home has throughout history been seen as the ultimate bulwark against government intrusion" as the ACLU said when fighting for the long standing Right in State of Washington v. Pippin. A case for a man who's Rights were violated in his tent. Tents and campers have the same constitutional protection as an individual's home

The current BLM ban on firearms is the most egregious firearm violation since freed slaves had their Right to Keep and Bear Arms violated.

As the permit stands it criminalizes every individual under every circumstance for exercising their constitutionally guaranteed Rights while in their own homes.

This cannot stand, I demand an immediate end to the BLMs policy on violating the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts