Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
They're still not allowing guns this year, so you may have a confrontation on your hands. Best of luck. I loved Burning Man the one time I went. I could see guns being a wild card with all the drug use, but there's also plenty of space to shoot responsibly.

(1) For public health and safety reasons, the possession or discharge of any weapon is prohibited between the dates of August 26, 2022, and September 7, 2022, in the Phase 2 closure area
Temporary Closure and Temporary Restrictions of Specific Uses on Public Lands for the 2022 Burning Man Event

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I met some guys there in their late 70s and early 80s, and saw quite a few people who had young children with them. I noticed lots of Brits and Germans, plus a wide variety of other nationalities, but mostly Americans. Lots of people who work in Silicon Valley, some billionaires, plenty of hippies, artists, frat boys, the whole gamut. Lots of partying, but also families camping. It's a lot to take in, there's probably something there for almost anyone to enjoy. There's even an airport where a bunch of pilots fly in and camp. It's far from the big scene, much quieter except for the planes landing and taking off.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Speak for yourself, I'm in Montana, our Gun Rights are still fairly pure and unspoiled.
Are you aware that Burning Man is in Nevada, not Montana? Doesn't really matter, but seems like you're changing the subject.

You started a thread about how you weren't allowed to carry/shoot at Burning Man in the past because of California communists but that you can now because of a recent SCOTUS ruling. Burning Man Project and the Bureau of Land Management both say you still can't. Infringement?

I wish you the best, sir. I hope it works out the way you have envisioned, but I'm seeing an alternate outcome in my crystal ball.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I haven't been to the Big Burn in years... Seven now. It's no longer is the autonomous zone experiemting in ways to make our own society more free that it was. Now it's a greedy communist ran society that throws kickbacks (art grants) to their friends to make unoriginal art while quashing the civil rights of anyone who dares not follow their agenda.

Montana, well she's still the most free place I've ever been.
So you're not going back? I thought that was what your OP was all about. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Sometimes it's fun to go to Black Rock when there's nobody else there. You can also go during the event but stay outside. They close off 3/4 of the playa to the public, but there's still miles and miles of open playa around it.

I like Montana, too.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
That is a very nicely written response, so businesslike. I like that approach.

Can you post what they said to prompt that response? I assume they basically said, "no, that's against such and such rule," but I'd like to see it myself if you don't mind sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts