Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I love boobies
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a sport shooter since 1986 and a Burner (Burning Man) since 2011. At one time the Gun Culture was huge there. The Drive-By Shooting Range at Burning Man 1994

But the California communists usurped the gun toting live-and-let-live stubbornly independent anarchists after their event was shutdown by their own Jack Boot Thugs.

With the recent supreme court ruling they can no long exclude us and there will be target shooting and open carry on the playa again soon. Look for me at Camp Boom!

·
Registered
9,315 Posts
I appreciate your moxie, fella, but don’t underestimate the ability of a Commie to lie, cheat and delay. They don’t really care if they’re eventually found to be wrong. The delay of your rights is plenty gratifying enough for them.

Don’t forget that the state that brought us no-bail, no-prosecute, and poop-where-ever-your-sphincter-relaxes is the same state that sent us a presidential candidate, and eventual VPOTUS, who kept prisoners incarcerated beyond the term of their debt just to milk a bit more free labor from them.

·
I love boobies
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your moxie, fella, but don’t underestimate the ability of a Commie to lie, cheat and delay. They don’t really care if they’re eventually found to be wrong. The delay of your rights is plenty gratifying enough for them.

Don’t forget that the state that brought us no-bail, no-prosecute, and poop-where-ever-your-sphincter-relaxes is the same state that sent us a presidential candidate, and eventual VPOTUS, who kept prisoners incarcerated beyond the term of their debt just to milk a bit more free labor from them.
They have to be in a tight spot, financially, with the pandemic cancellations and they won't want to lose The Fly Ranch (Their commie ruling class play ground). For the same reason they won't host the event there. They could've been fighting the BLM and prepared for more than a year. But they put their personal politics ahead of participants civil Rights.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
They're still not allowing guns this year, so you may have a confrontation on your hands. Best of luck. I loved Burning Man the one time I went. I could see guns being a wild card with all the drug use, but there's also plenty of space to shoot responsibly.

(1) For public health and safety reasons, the possession or discharge of any weapon is prohibited between the dates of August 26, 2022, and September 7, 2022, in the Phase 2 closure area
Temporary Closure and Temporary Restrictions of Specific Uses on Public Lands for the 2022 Burning Man Event

·
Registered
19,889 Posts
I have always wondered what Burning Man was like. I have imagined a cross between Mardi Gras and Sturgis. I always said I would go someday but never have had the time.

·
I love boobies
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have always wondered what Burning Man was like. I have imagined a cross between Mardi Gras and Sturgis. I always said I would go someday but never have had the time.
Nowadays it's frat boys with roofies, plug and play spoiled celebrities, and geriatrics with their bucket list. But back in the day... Try a regional, but check them out since a lot are feely hippy fests

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
I think I missed my window, but I've always wanted to see it at least one time. It's just curiosity at this point. Who goes to this thing? Why? How blasted is everyone there? Where is everyone from?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I met some guys there in their late 70s and early 80s, and saw quite a few people who had young children with them. I noticed lots of Brits and Germans, plus a wide variety of other nationalities, but mostly Americans. Lots of people who work in Silicon Valley, some billionaires, plenty of hippies, artists, frat boys, the whole gamut. Lots of partying, but also families camping. It's a lot to take in, there's probably something there for almost anyone to enjoy. There's even an airport where a bunch of pilots fly in and camp. It's far from the big scene, much quieter except for the planes landing and taking off.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Speak for yourself, I'm in Montana, our Gun Rights are still fairly pure and unspoiled.
Are you aware that Burning Man is in Nevada, not Montana? Doesn't really matter, but seems like you're changing the subject.

You started a thread about how you weren't allowed to carry/shoot at Burning Man in the past because of California communists but that you can now because of a recent SCOTUS ruling. Burning Man Project and the Bureau of Land Management both say you still can't. Infringement?

I wish you the best, sir. I hope it works out the way you have envisioned, but I'm seeing an alternate outcome in my crystal ball.

·
I love boobies
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you aware that Burning Man is in Nevada, not Montana? Doesn't really matter, but seems like you're changing the subject.

You started a thread about how you weren't allowed to carry/shoot at Burning Man in the past because of California communists but that you can now because of a recent SCOTUS ruling. Burning Man Project and the Bureau of Land Management both say you still can't. Infringement?

I wish you the best, sir. I hope it works out the way you have envisioned, but I'm seeing an alternate outcome in my crystal ball.
I haven't been to the Big Burn in years... Seven now. It's no longer is the autonomous zone experiemting in ways to make our own society more free that it was. Now it's a greedy communist ran society that throws kickbacks (art grants) to their friends to make unoriginal art while quashing the civil rights of anyone who dares not follow their agenda.

Montana, well she's still the most free place I've ever been.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Get a very large group of people together for days and nights of heavy drinking and drug use? Throw in some firearms, too?
Nah, I'll take a hard pass on that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts