Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While talking to the Mrs. tonight she relayed the following story:

The Mrs., daughter-in-law, and grandson where in the store. DIL puts hands over GS ears and proceeds to tell her the recent 'coming of age' incident involving GS. Seems he attempted to jump up into the back of his daddys truck. In the process he racked up his 4 (almost 5) y.o. young gentlemans equipment. As it was relayed to me, 'bent over-doubled up' racked up. When he was able to stand, breathe and talk again, went looking for some mom sympathy letting her know that he hurt his (have mercy on me admin. types) 'picker'. At this point, having concluded the telling of the story, DIL takes her hands off the grandsons ears. He immediately chimes in with "No mamaw, it's not nice to call it 'picker', it's baby boy parts". I'm not sure what the customers in Walmart thought of the story, or of GS's clarification. What I am sure of is that papaw spewed hot coffee on the monitor, burnt his tongue, and is left wondering what is this boy learning in pre-school. Oh mercy, the first of many lessons as you travel down lifes road little dude. One you'll NEVER forget.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Oh, poor little guy!

We always taught our guys to call them by their - uh, proper name. But of course, they're boys...which is probably why the four year old called me into the bathroom about a month ago to see his "awesome little balls".

Of course, his daddy found it just hilarious.

I am soooo outnumbered in this house :help: .

·
Site Admin's Boss
481 Posts
With three youngs boys always needing to describe that part of the body, we decided to come up with a word that no one would necessarily know. Uncle Andy who is half Mexican termed them "mis canicas" which is Spanish for "my marbles".

That worked great! They could throw that word into conversation and people never seemed to notice.

Never did I dream that we would move to a country that spoke Spanish!

You can imagine my horror the first time one of the boys blurted that out in public!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually my DH got it most of the way right. My DD and GS were in Walmart and she DID relay the "Picker" part of the story. What was lacking was the look on DD's face when our GS said, "No mammaw, it isn't nice to call it a picker, it is called little boy parts and they are right there!" To which he proceeds to show all the people who have now STOPPED to watch the show, right where his little boy parts were! As I almost fell over laughing my now embarassed DD was trying to do damage control by explaining they didn't want him to call it "picker" because it was to close to that OTHER WORD and she didn't want to embarass anyone...works for me! LOL!
Mrs Farmer Willy

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
My now-8-year-old used to basically refuse to wear underwear to bed.

When he was about 4, those one-piece zipper pajamas convinced him otherwise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.