Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And see what I saw today in the great midwestern outdoors!

We'll walk through the woods mostly and watch deer and bunnies and birds in the open places:

We will find new wildflowers to try and identify:

And some very nice mushrooms to study:

Some very colorful!

Then we will walk along a shallow river and watch minows and trout, startle little frogs and come face to face with great big bull frogs:

Then we will come to the edge of a field of grain:

And watch a train chug by....:

And before we turn back, we will see some pretty cool bugs:

Now, don't forget to drink your water, it's hot out, and it's an hour's hike back to the house, and don't linger too long because there is the garden to tend, breakfest to eat, and pickles to make!

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thechickenladyx said:
very cool walk, lets do it again sometime.

jesse

o and im over 30, sorry

:cool: :p

·
Premium Member
18,147 Posts

That's sulfur shelf mushroom! Very good eating. Some people call it "Chicken of the Forest." You should go pick it, dice into bite-size pieces, and saute it in butter....ymmmmmmm!

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
Cool pics. Pretty sure the flower is wild chickory.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Great walk.Lots of things I'd be interested in looking at.Is that RJ Corman RR?We live in Ohio and see the engine 'chug' by my Mom's.Great pictures! -Robin

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Thanks for the walk, it was lovely to enjoy it w/o feeling the heat beating me down. I love taking those kinds of walks out back as well.

Reese

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very pretty and with great detail, but with my slow dial up that was more like a halt than a walk! (It enabled me to refresh my cup of coffee!)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Great Pictures! What a lovely walk! I love the frog picture.

Just for reference, (and because it is my favorite flower), here's a picture of chickory.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts