Homesteading Forum banner

What type of colored fleece do you prefer?

• Au natural - let the sun fade the tips as long as the are still strong who cares?

• Yuk! Would never touch a fleece with faded tips - coat the boogers

• It depends on how the fading looks with the color

• Doesn't matter I don't buy naturally colored fleeces

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No I'm not being rude I just have a question about colored fleeces. It kinda ties back the the thread about improving fleeces for handspinning.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh sorry it asked me to put it at the top of the poll.

What type of colored fleeces do you prefer - coated, not, or none at all.

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
Well, I used to only spin natural. Now I prefer to buy white so I can dye it. But I do also like a nice colored fleece. And I have even sat and snipped off all the bleached tips. So I can't do the vote, because I like so many fleeces for diffrent reasons,and I sure would buy a fleece if it had great crimp,no veg, and the color would not matter.For me it's cost and if the stash can handle it.

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
I love colored fleeces, a lot. Like WIHH fading doesn't really bother me too much. But, also like WIHH I'm weird about black. It is hard enough to find a real black and faded black is not an option. I just bought a black Merino fleece that is gorgeous.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I voted both yuk and it depends.

I don't mind the color fade so much as these tips can be brittle. If the tips are strong and don't break, then I don't mind the color .... except for the brown tips of a black fleece. I want a black fleece to be black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts