Colonial PA: update

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by palongrifle, Nov 15, 2004.

1. palongrifle

palongrifle Active Member

Walked the property yesterday - has everything I want - scenery, flowing water, timber, suitable land to build on. I think I'm in love.lol

E-mailed Roy Underhill from "The Woodwright Shop" about purchasing/locating traditional woodworking tools to build the French fort.

Made a contact with an Amish carpenter to help build the cabins.

Scheduled a meeting with the realitor for Wednesday - say a prayer.

Got pictures developed and put on disk to send to interested families willing to join the pioneer life yet still have some conveniences.

Am I boring everyone with these updates? Thought "the developement" might be neat to see for you all - see me struggle and overcome. What's going well, what's not. Much to be learned by the process - hope I'm doing it right.

2. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

I appreciate the updates, but I need some pictures man! LOL, seriously it would be great to see a website with all the pics and updates.

3. palongrifle

I remember you - been checking this out from the start. Send me your e-mail address and I'll send some pics - fresh from the WalMart Supercenter - can still smell the fixative.

4. schew moni tu tonka

schew moni tu tonka Member

palongrifle.....late follower of your plans here.....where in Pa. is all this coming together at? Sure would like to see some pics also.

5. palongrifle

How do I add pictures to this? I can "attach" to e-mail but I see nowhere to ad them here? Help please. Forum rules says "may not post attachments"

6. blanknoone

blanknoone Member

I'm interested in your updates; but would it be possible to keep it in one thread? Whenever there is an update, just kick it up to the top. I have just seen a few, and would appreciate an overview of what you are thinking and doing.

7. jerneeon

jerneeon Well-Known Member

I LOVE hearing about it! I, too, would love photos.

8. palongrifle

How can I attach photos? Please help.

9. palongrifle

Ok - I have just been attaching photos to e-mail replies. Hope everyone who received them think the same as I about the property. "Whatta view".

Meet with the realitor today at 4 pm.

Does anyone know of a web-site where I can shop for a natural gas generator. Lemans advertises a natural gas refrigerator and freezer but now I want to learn of a generator.

10. silosounds

silosounds Well-Known Member

We just learned how to do this. Your images must be hosted by a website (geocities is free) and once you have a website set up, you can do this all the time in the future. There may be other sites that let you host pictures for free. I'm not familiar with any.

Once that is done you can click on the "insert image" icon (the yellow box with the mountains) in the "Post New Reply" screen which will put the text [​IMG]

You will need to add the "/" mark to the ending [​IMG]