Colloidal Silver

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by tammy from wv, Jul 10, 2006.

1. tammy from wv

tammy from wv Well-Known Member

So tell me what does everybody think about this? My uncle swears by it and is telling my mom that it will cure EVERYTHING, from cancer to aids. Anybody with any thoughts? Just thought I would ask. I have read up on it on the web and it sounds like it is quackery, but I would love to hear what others think about it.

2. goatlady

goatlady Well-Known Member Supporter

It's very effective used topically (externally) good anti-fungal, antibiotic acting. Worthless internally, really not in a form that the body can use via the digestive system regardless of what the "studies" say. Good as a gargle also which is basically a topical application.

3. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

We use it, it's proven science. We use both internally and externally. When we injest it, we just swish in our mouth as the silver will be absorbed while in the mouth.. Look around, even in the band aid asile there are now bandages with silver in them as it's recognized as an anti bacterial.

I do not use every day, just when I am trying to fight off a cold or have a scratch I want to heal, etc.

4. BobK

BobK Well-Known Member

outside of limited topical applications (which can be replaced with a standard antibiotic creme) its claims far exceed its abilities.....I think the claims are up to 650 diseases cured with this stuff...you did hear quacking!!

5. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

There was some politico in D.C. who was taking it, and his skin turned a really funny color -- permanently.

Somehow, I don't think anything that's good for you will turn you a purplish-grey color, do you?

Pony!

6. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Formerly LisainN.Idaho Supporter

7. Morria07

Morria07 Member

I use it topically. The people who change color took very high doeses every day! All use it on sores in my mouth...but then I am an herb lady.

8. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

Like most things, it can be good for you or bad for you depending on how it's made and how it's used. You have to be careful who you buy from, some sellers are quacks who sell inferior CS. The safest way is to make your own. It can be made very inexpensively and with much higher quality than most of the stuff sold retail.

The people who change color probably were using it improperly. Heck, most things can hurt you if used improperly, this is no different. I have a friend who has been using it for years with no problems. She makes hers herself.

9. Tabitha

Tabitha greenheart

we use it on the outside and gargle when a cold comes on. I have used it successfully on pinkeye, took a day and a half. Had an infected scrape on my foot a week or so ago, cleared it fast.

10. goatlady

goatlady Well-Known Member Supporter

"We use both internally and externally. When we injest it, we just swish in our mouth as the silver will be absorbed while in the mouth.. Look around, even in the band aid asile there are now bandages with silver in them as it's recognized as an anti bacterial." This is basically what I just posted, Denvergirlie! You are not using it internally when you swish in your mouth, internally means swallowing and letting your digestive system TRY to absorb it. The bandaids are using it topically as I stated it works well as a topical antibiotic.

11. Christiaan

Christiaan Dutch Highlands Farm

It works topically as an anti-bacterial because almost all moderately and higher reactive metals are anti-bacterial. Seems there are safer, better tested and cheaper topical antibiotics available. It works on sores and cankers for the same reason. Anything that oxidizes a sore or canker will speed healing. Peroxide is probably way cheaper than silver.

12. Laura

Laura Well-Known Member

I took ionic silver for a week last winter for a cold that lasted over a month. Not only did the cold go away quickly, but it was the first time in years my arthritis didn't hurt.

People who turn grey from colloidal silver used a solution that was not made with 100% pure silver. When I was a little girl, I knew a grey lady. She was the only smallpox survivor in her family. The homemade solution she used was made with a silver dime. I believe silver dimes were made from silver/nickel alloy?

My dad says when he was a kid, a silver 50 cent piece was kept in the bottom of the milk jug to keep it from turning.

13. fin29

fin29 Well-Known Member

I love the silver bandaids--seems that cuts really do heal faster with it. If anyone's near a Dollar Tree, they're selling boxes of 25 bandaids for $1.

14. crystalniche

crystalniche Well-Known Member

My doctor has me using silver sulfadiazine on my leg sores and it does help a lot. If I have any kind of scrape or wound anywhere I just put some on and it heals up nicely and fast. I have been using it for a year and haven't turned color yet.

15. Lisa in WA

According to articles from my above link it looks like it is silver deposits in the skin, not any other metal.

16. 3SistersFarm

3SistersFarm Well-Known Member

obviously this lady overdosed on silver. well if the lady would have taken ANYTHING else of that concentrate she would have been dead. The worst thing that happened to her was she turned gray.

Stories like this are just scare tactics that undermine the value of Colloidal Silver. Can't you see the pharmaceutical company does not want folks to use the stuff... oh I wonder why, maybe because they won't make any money off it.

I stand behind Colloidal Silver 100%, but to be honest I'm glad everyone doesn't use it or I could never find plain ole silver again, I'm sure it would become corrupt, just like everything else.

17. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

3sistersfarm,

Do you make your own CS? Where do you find the pure silver? A friend told me to buy a Canadian maple leaf coin to use, but I'm not sure that is a good source of silver. Others have said to buy ingots. I've been thinking about making CS for a long time, just never have gotten around to doing it, yet.

18. Lisa in WA

There's always a conspiracy, isn't there?

19. silvergirl

silvergirl Well-Known Member

Been using CS for quite some time... I have a homemade doo-hickey that uses 99.99% silver wire you can get at a jewelry store relatively cheap. And it lasts for a long time. There are machines out there costing $400+, but you can get cheap plans to make your own for $30 all included... Make it yourself, you can get better results. I've seen reports that some 'OTC' CS has virtually no silver, and can even contain bacteria and fungus. YUM!

Google Dr. Bob Beck, he's the guy I got my plans from in '93 or somesuch. He's cured all sorts of stuff with it, including AIDS... And yes, I've seen the actual test results myself. Check it out. It's an invaluable tool, just don't overuse it, duh! Take it when you need it, not everyday, or else you will suffer the ill effects of silver poisoning (blue-blood). The wife and I have used it on warts (gone), cuts (healed), burns (no scar tissue), etc.

Also, Dr Bob Becker (different guy...) wrote a book, the body electric, iirc. He found that using silver needles in electric accupuncture caused cells to de-differentiate (essentially becoming stem cells again) and then could/would heal the injured areas of the body quickly...

As for conspiracies, 1) do the research, on both sides, 2) use your own experience and judgement, and 3) follow the $$$. Oh, and don't watch Micheal Moore movies... Or Oliver Stone... ah, now look, you got me started... :)

SliverGirlsHubby