Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 60 of 164 Posts

·
Administrator
20,245 Posts
I listen to their reasons lots. I just don't always comment on them. I stated my opinion quite clearly. I could go on and on to every post that I think is misguided but I don't find that productive. If someone is not getting vaccinated for other than medical reasons then me responding to every situation you post or they post will not change their minds. Therefore I choose when I want to express my opinion and when I believe it will be a waste of time. Then you get make a running joke at my expense and prove it.
Running joke? I was just affirming your statement and that's a big part of the problem.

If agressive pro vaxxers believe that anyone who doesn't see things their way, is nothing more than an errant toddler, there is not much chance of changing anybody's mind.

·
Premium Member
27,936 Posts
Another stupid reason to not get the vaccine.

I have no problem with pushing back through the courts or just not getting vaccinated. I just believe that pushing back because you are pushed and not because you don't trust the vaccine it's is not a good reason.
My mom spent a whole week thinking she was going to die after she got the vaccine. I don't trust that it won't do the same to me. Even when I was sick with presumed covid I wasn't so bad that I thought I was going to die. Even though I took lots of naps I still had enough energy to cook easy meals. My mom couldn't even make a cup of tea without almost passing out.

Will the vaccine kill my immunity from having had covid? That is a question that has not been answered. From the increasing numbers of people who have beat covid only to get it again after getting the shot, it seems like a real possibility.

I don't care if you think they are stupid reasons. That is what keeps me from getting the shot. The more I am told, "your baseless concerns are irrelevant. Just get the shot", the more I am going to resist.

VAERS needs to be easier to access. They and the CDC are hiding the true number of adverse reactions.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,349 Posts
[/QUOTE]
My mom spent a whole week thinking she was going to die after she got the vaccine. I don't trust that it won't do the same to me. Even when I was sick with presumed covid I wasn't so bad that I thought I was going to die. Even though I took lots of naps I still had enough energy to cook easy meals. My mom couldn't even make a cup of tea without almost passing out.

Will the vaccine kill my immunity from having had covid? That is a question that has not been answered. From the increasing numbers of people who have beat covid only to get it again after getting the shot, it seems like a real possibility.

I don't care if you think they are stupid reasons. That is what keeps me from getting the shot. The more I am told, "your baseless concerns are irrelevant. Just get the shot", the more I am going to resist.

VAERS needs to be easier to access. They and the CDC are hiding the true number of adverse reactions.
I don't think those are stupid reasons. Those are medical reasons. You are not resisting for the sake of resistance.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
So many medical people quitting good paying jobs is a attention getter. Keep in mind that the senate and house and their workers are NOT required to get the vaccine as of last September. Many have, but they are not required to. Gets my curiosity up.
Biden and Fauci saying in public that they will continue with more mandates and other methods to force people to get a vaccine shot just makes it a bigger mess.

And all of this for a problem that seriously affects such a small percentage of people.

·
Premium Member
27,936 Posts
I don't think those are stupid reasons. Those are medical reasons. You are not resisting for the sake of resistance.
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately my son who was incapacitated for 3 days and left with brain fog for a week after getting the shot, thinks I am stupid and will soon die from covid.

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
With some of them, not all, it is beginning to feel like their religion is being shoved down our throats. Vax Thumpers maybe.

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
Could universal healthcare work in these countries if the US joined in? Where would the rich people go for treatment? What would Canadians do?
The idealist in me is for it. The realist in me is against it.

Every program out of DC has one goal - Make as many donors as possible rich, while the politician takes a taste for themselves.

View attachment 99864
I really do think it could work in the US, but there are some political compromises that would have to be made. It’s economically infeasible here because of our lack of enforcement of immigration law. Unfortunately, the side that is for UHC is also for open borders. The two, together, would wreck our currency completely, and take the rest of the world down with it.

If, though, that side we’re willing to compromise and get serious about immigration law, and both sides would get serious about reducing ridiculous foreign aid, we could have UHC here. The problem is that the other side doesn’t want UHC, so they’re not willing to spend the political capital to force the compromise. So, in the meantime, we get unsecured borders, a healthcare system that is out of reach for many of our people, and we get to send billions of dollars to our enemies.
Awesome.

·
Administrator
20,245 Posts
When someone has decided they are the arbiter of worthiness for anyone else’s reason, that person’s ship of constructive-discussion has already sailed.
I don't think they really care if someone else approves of their opinion or their worthiness.

41 - 60 of 164 Posts