Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 164 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
42,292 Posts
Just because a person on this forum thinks other peoples' reasons are stupid doesn't mean they are. It means she hasn't walked in their moccasins. It means she thinks her reasoning is better than anyone else's.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
15,491 Posts
I may be coming around on universal healthcare. Working for a European company, I’ve had the opportunity to have some very apples-to-apples comparative discussions with colleagues who live with UHC.

My inner libertarian still recoils at the thought, and I realistically accept (unlike most of the proponents here) that open borders in a country with the world’s unbacked, reserve currency complicates the situation for us, but I do see the merit in the idea.

Unfortunately, I’m doubtful we’ll ever be able to make the ideo-political compromises to make it workable in the US.. prior to going one-world government, at least.
Could universal healthcare work in these countries if the US joined in? Where would the rich people go for treatment? What would Canadians do?

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
Just because a person on this forum thinks other peoples' reasons are stupid doesn't mean they are. It means she hasn't walked in their moccasins. It means she thinks her reasoning is better than anyone else's.
I dislike labels, however a classic liberal line of reasoning is that you are stupid and they know better than you, regardless whether it is your own business, whether they know you or have even met you.
They know better than you what is right for you.

·
Registered
35,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I may be coming around on universal healthcare. Working for a European company, I’ve had the opportunity to have some very apples-to-apples comparative discussions with colleagues who live with UHC.
The idealist in me is for it. The realist in me is against it.

Every program out of DC has one goal - Make as many donors as possible rich, while the politician takes a taste for themselves.

Rectangle Font Art Circle Pattern

·
Registered
11,351 Posts
The same
The same reason reason that work mandates for only companies with 100 or more emplo were given the choice of vaccine or testing. The convoluted laws because of federal a state jurisdiction.
Seems sensible to allow thousands of illegals to enter and travel to all areas of the US with positive covid tests and no vaccinations, when the legal citizens are being pressured in many ways to take the jab.

As to congress and their staff, they are supposedly to set a good example for the nation, seems they are special. The military must take the vax so should congress. Common sense is missing in the mandates.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,349 Posts
Seems sensible to allow thousands of illegals to enter and travel to all areas of the US with positive covid tests and no vaccinations, when the legal citizens are being pressured in many ways to take the jab.

As to congress and their staff, they are supposedly to set a good example for the nation, seems they are special. The military must take the vax so should congress. Common sense is missing in the mandates.
I believe every person crossing the boarder should be vaccinated. No matter who they are, Citizens, tourists or immigrants ( legal or illegal).

·
Administrator
20,245 Posts
Another stupid reason to not get the vaccine.

I have no problem with pushing back through the courts or just not getting vaccinated. I just believe that pushing back because you are pushed and not because you don't trust the vaccine it's is not a good reason.
The problem is that people have been fed misinformation, which has brought on greater mistrust and they are pushing back. We're seeing medical professionals quit their jobs at a time when we need them because they don't want to be pushed.

Right now a lot of them are feeling let down, they went from hero to zero in under a year.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,349 Posts
The problem is that people have been fed misinformation, which has brought on greater mistrust and they are pushing back. We're seeing medical professionals quit their jobs at a time when we need them because they don't want to be pushed.

Right now a lot of them are feeling let down, they went from hero to zero in under a year.
I have tendered my resignation because I did not want to do something I believed was wrong. I just don't believe that making a medical decision solely because you were being pushed is sound reasoning. You choose not to because it is the right medical decision.

·
Administrator
20,245 Posts

My inner libertarian still recoils at the thought, and I realistically accept (unlike most of the proponents here) that open borders in a country with the world’s unbacked, reserve currency complicates the situation for us, but I do see the merit in the idea.

Unfortunately, I’m doubtful we’ll ever be able to make the ideo-political compromises to make it workable in the US.. prior to going one-world government, at least.
Our system works well for us and Canadians always been happy to answer questions but it usually ends up with someone believing that because we answer questions that we're trying to force our opinions on others, someone becomes defensive and the rest is history.

·
Administrator
20,245 Posts
I have tendered my resignation because I did not want to do something I believed was wrong. I just don't believe that making a medical decision solely because you were being pushed is sound reasoning. You choose not to because it is the right medical decision.
Those that are refusing believe their reasons are valid as well. The problem is that they may very well feel their reasons for quitting are as valid as you felt yours were.

How many times do you feel the mandatory vaccination routine is going to hold water? If we look at Isreal, we could be facing mandatory vaccination #4 and possibly more.

At some point, we're going to need to prove to the dissenters that vaccinations are working, while forcing them to take more and more mandatory vaccinations that seemingly aren't doing what they were told it was going to do.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,349 Posts
Those that are refusing believe their reasons are valid as well. The problem is that they may very well feel their reasons for quitting are as valid as you felt yours were.

How many times do you feel the mandatory vaccination routine is going to hold water? If we look at Isreal, we could be facing mandatory vaccination #4 and possibly more.

At some point, we're going to need to prove to the dissenters that vaccinations are working, while forcing them to take more and more mandatory vaccinations that seemingly aren't doing what they were told it was going to do.
I spoke to refusing a vaccine because you were pushed and not medical reasons, and only that. I am not going off on your tangent.

·
Administrator
20,245 Posts
I spoke to refusing a vaccine because you were pushed and not medical reasons, and only that. I am not going off on your tangent.
Lol, I think I spoke to refusing the vaccine for non medical reasons and I was pretty sure you wouldn't have a response. Just eat the peas.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,349 Posts
Lol, I think I spoke to refusing the vaccine for non medical reasons and I was pretty sure you wouldn't have a response. Just eat the peas.
Simply because refusing for non medical reasons is a choice that I don't think is logical.

·
Administrator
20,245 Posts
Simply because refusing for non medical reasons is a choice that I don't think is logical.
I understand it may not make sense to you but not everybody has the same opinions and values and that's my whole point.

If we're not prepared to listen to why others don't want to vaccinate, we don't stand much chance of changing their mind.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,349 Posts
I understand it may not make sense to you but not everybody has the same opinions and values and that's my whole point.

If we're not prepared to listen to why others don't want to vaccinate, we don't stand much chance of changing their mind.
I listen to their reasons lots. I just don't always comment on them. I stated my opinion quite clearly. I could go on and on to every post that I think is misguided but I don't find that productive. If someone is not getting vaccinated for other than medical reasons then me responding to every situation you post or they post will not change their minds. Therefore I choose when I want to express my opinion and when I believe it will be a waste of time. Then you get make a running joke at my expense and prove it.

21 - 40 of 164 Posts