Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
35,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOWVILLE, New York (WWNY) - Lewis County General Hospital will stop delivering babies after September 24 because too many maternity unit workers have resigned over COVID vaccination mandates.

That’s according to Lewis County Health System Chief Executive Officer Gerald Cayer, who held a news conference Friday in Lowville.

He said 6 employees in the maternity unit resigned rather than get a COVID shot and another 7 are undecided.

·
Registered
35,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it a trend?

Post stories if you see them

·
Registered
35,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mississippi now has at least 2,000 fewer nurses than it did at the beginning of the year, according to the Mississippi Hospital Association's Center for Quality & Workforce. The staff shortages add to the growing strain on the state's hospital system -- both due, in large part, to the Covid-19 pandemic.

When asked if the health care system is reaching a breaking point, Singing River Nursing Manager for Personal Care Buddy Gager said, "I think we already broke."

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
A hostpital south of here is losing half their maternity nurses.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Our healthcare system in the US is basically robbery anyway so maybe a collapse is doing us all a favor in the long run.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Hillary destroyed the health care industry in the nineties. HMOs, networks, all designed to fail, so they could usher in universal healthcare. Then came Obamacare. It was supposed to be her, but Obama happened, she agreed to step aside, but only so she could fix obamacare. Then Trump happened and ruined her plans. Covid is likely part of an impetus to fix a system that was broken by those who continually break things so they can be the hero. Their only saving grace has been aging boomers needing more healthcare.

There are probably a lot of people in the healthcare industry who can see the writing on the wall. Tons of people in school training for the health care industry. When the boomers die, the xers are a fraction of the previous generation, and with health care being the leading industry, many will be left jobless in ten years or so It is pretty clear that anyone who stays in is going to be a political pawn for some time to come. Step out and develop a new skill has been a good idea for a while now, but with the current trend, it seems like an easier conclusion to come to for many.

·
STILL not Alice
20,717 Posts
Looking for report of a protest/walk-out in OH last week.

Has anyone seen anything about it?

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
42,267 Posts
Several doctors have expressed to me their disgust with the system. Some retired. Some don't take ANY insurance at all; you have to file claims yourself.

I don't know anymore what the answer is. I know healthcare is too expensive for regular folks. Insurance is too expensive for self employed and small businesses.

My friends in Germany have universal healthcare with a supplement private insurance so that they get better/complete care.

·
42,267 Posts
Walk out, not resignation.

·
42,267 Posts
In an tangential development, there was a "false" article about Air Force pilots resigning. Currently, it isn't true. The military folks I know are working on the process to be exempt.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,390 Posts
If they are digging in because they are being pushed then they were never going to get the vaccine anyways. You either trust that the good the vaccine does outweighs the bad by now or it might take someone close to deaths to change your mind.

·
42,267 Posts
Or they keep fighting for freedom, requiring that the government follows the Constitution, and demanding that the injections be properly researched.

It's going to be a long legal fight.

Someone dying isn't motivation to throw out the points mentioned above.

You really think those nurses haven't had "someone close" to them die?

·
Registered
12,084 Posts
Sure some would. I know people who will do something simply because they were told not to. It is the "wet paint" type.
However, trusting the oil when the snake is a liar might be considered dumb.
And someone may die near and dear to us; doesn't mean the vaccine would have made a bit of difference.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,390 Posts
The push back is going to get worse, when illegals and congress are exempt from mandates it makes many question why some are not included. The optics are starting to look really bad.
Another stupid reason to not get the vaccine.

I have no problem with pushing back through the courts or just not getting vaccinated. I just believe that pushing back because you are pushed and not because you don't trust the vaccine it's is not a good reason.

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
Several doctors have expressed to me their disgust with the system. Some retired. Some don't take ANY insurance at all; you have to file claims yourself.

I don't know anymore what the answer is. I know healthcare is too expensive for regular folks. Insurance is too expensive for self employed and small businesses.

My friends in Germany have universal healthcare with a supplement private insurance so that they get better/complete care.
I may be coming around on universal healthcare. Working for a European company, I’ve had the opportunity to have some very apples-to-apples comparative discussions with colleagues who live with UHC.

My inner libertarian still recoils at the thought, and I realistically accept (unlike most of the proponents here) that open borders in a country with the world’s unbacked, reserve currency complicates the situation for us, but I do see the merit in the idea.

Unfortunately, I’m doubtful we’ll ever be able to make the ideo-political compromises to make it workable in the US.. prior to going one-world government, at least.

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Another stupid reason to not get the vaccine.

I have no problem with pushing back through the courts or just not getting vaccinated. I just believe that pushing back because you are pushed and not because you don't trust the vaccine it's is not a good reason.
If the vaccine is that important why are these groups exempt?

1 - 20 of 163 Posts