Cole's update Dec 1

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Alice In TX/MO, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Today will include a bone biopsy to get a sample of the cells so that they can select the exactly right chemotherapy medications. We expect to start chemo next week, and Cole will have chemo once a month for about nine months.

Cole has learned that nurses do things like stick him with needles, and he begins to holler, "NO NO NO," as soon as a nurse enters the room.

We ask for prayers for Cole's healing and prayers for all the family. I've been told not to pray for strength because then you are given trials to overcome in order to build strength. If you could pray for peace and serenity, that would be better. :)

2. frazzlehead

frazzlehead AppleJackCreek Supporter

Peace and serenity are always the best things to ask for.

Blessings to you and your family. May you feel surrounded by love, be comforted in your troubles, and find ways to help little Cole face his fear.

The staff at the hospital will be able to give you ideas for helping him overcome his terror of medical staff, and helping him deal with the pain of the treatments. If you've not asked already about the EMLA patches, please do so - it makes the needles bite so much less.

Peace be with you.

3. heather

heather Well-Known Member

Rose, I will pray for whatever you request! :)
    Sounds like you have a good attitude & the doctors are right on top of things.
    I'm sorry about this little guy, and we will keep praying here in western PA!

4. Madame

Madame Well-Known Member Supporter

He and those who love him are in my prayers.

5. AR Cattails

AR Cattails Well-Known Member Supporter

Praying for the peace and serenity of little Cole and all your family. :grouphug:

6. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

PRayers for little Cole. I second the EMLA patches.

Nikki

7. mtngal

mtngal Well-Known Member

Praying here too. If the staff would take him to a room where only shots and the like are given, it is much easier on everyone. He wouldn't associate pain with everyone who walks in his room.

8. Alice In TX/MO

They cancelled the bone biopsy and are going with a regular surgical biopsy on Monday. The doc wants a bigger sample of tissue from the original tumor that is on his adrenal gland so that they can qualify Cole for some more advanced chemo that is in stage three of trials.

He's sure getting tired of the hospital, and we're looking at nine months of chemotherapy.

9. primroselane

primroselane Well-Known Member

That may be so, but there have been times when I told God I was as strong as I could stand.

May each day have a special courtesy, a new beauty, an old friend, a pleasant surprise, a strong hug, a soft touch and a smile that started in Heaven.

10. mwhit

mwhit Well-Known Member

I have been thinking of and praying for Cole.

11. huzzyjr

huzzyjr Well-Known Member

Still thinking of and praying for Cole and family.

Carol

12. Melissa

Melissa member

Keeping him and the entire family in my prayers Rose.

13. Tricky Grama

Tricky Grama Well-Known Member

Rose-

Cole is at the top of our list. You all are in our thoughts & prayers.

Patty

14. Alice In TX/MO

Good news late last night (Friday.) The MRI showed that his liver is clear....no cancer. Apparently the liver enzyme blood work that had them concerned means that his liver is fighting the cancer, not that it has spread. Fantastic!

Keep those prayers, chants, drumming, pixie dust, candle lighting, and meditations on healing coming. It's working.

I must say that the support from you guys is wonderful. We have prayes being said in every major religion and a few minor ones.

Thank you so much.

15. A'sta at Hofstead

A'sta at Hofstead Turkey Wrangler

Rose, great news about his liver. This must be very encouraging. Cole has been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. He will be strengthened by this ordeal I am sure.
    Asta

16. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

That's good news...
    I'll keep praying from here too.

17. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Lots of prayers from here for Cole, his family and all the doctors and nurses who care for him. Peace be upon you this day.

18. AR Cattails

AR Cattails Well-Known Member Supporter

That is such good news about the liver, Rose. Cole sounds like a little fighter to me. I'm still praying for him and your family.

19. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

I'm glad it didn't go to his liver! I'm still praying also!

Kat

20. sewsilly

sewsilly Well-Known Member

A boy in my sunday school class has been treated for cancer this last year, and his mother said the doctor asked that they pray for the small things, because praying for all the little things, added up to the big ones. So, we prayed for specifics, little details every day and he is now in remission!

Another thing that we did that helped the kids in the class (junior high age). We took dimes, regular 10 cent coins and we wrote his initial on both sides with a permanent marker. We each kept one in our pocket, from the beginning until remission (and I still keep mine in my pocket). Each time we reached in our pocket and touched it, we were to say a 10 second prayer (a dime for ten seconds). We talked to the kids about how if we shared this with the entire church and many in town and their school, then he would be covered in prayers. It certainly helped my junior high age son, who's best friend was facing cancer, have something concrete to do. And I'm telling you, the dimes took over our small town.

So, I'll put a dime in my pocket tonight, with a C on it, and I'll pray when I touch it or think about it. Know that you're in my thoughts!
    dawn