Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
We've heard about those Minnesota mosquitoes, from some friends that lived there ;) They said they have their own landing strips. :haha: We have them here but our friends say it's only 1/10th the population and 1/50th the size :eek:

Our cold temps finally broke today and so far it's 22F, which feels like a heatwave compared to the last week of sub zero temps with wind chills of -25 to -35 below. :( I think it's supposed to get up to around 30F today, with little or no wind. we also have a god chance of getting some more snow :) This was our first really cold weather test with heating the house with the wood cookstove. We kept it stoked and the temps stayed around 65 degrees, sometimes dropping at night to 60. We do have a natural gas furnace and it did kick on a few times early in the morning, so I'd just get up and stoke up the stove again.
Stay warm everyone :D I think that cold front is coming your way Cabin Fever and those of you to the northeast of us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.