Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its 4 * this morning ok everyone up north you can stop sending the cold down here thats ok by sunday its back in the 50s

·
Registered
442 Posts
At least you can't blame Canada for this one. It is coming straight over the top, from Russia! The forecast is for +10 today.

·
Super Moderator
9,755 Posts
I personaly had -22 on the thermomiter but mine is right out the kitchen window when my wife called the library to see if they were open they had -28

i am in south central wisconsin

but i don't blame any one for it. it could always be worse

i went out to get wood this morning , it really didn't feel that cold only had boots gloves and a quilted flannel for extra clothing, i must be getting used to it , yes in under 5 minutes my beard feezes from my breath.

but at that temp the snow is squeeky

·
Registered
749 Posts
It was cold here in Eastern Ontario also, -30C this morning. Had trouble starting the generator. The house warmed up with the reliable woodstove. Milder weather is on it's way at least here. Try to stay warm. Chris

·
Premium Member
27,842 Posts
According to the car thermometer, it has yet to get above 0 here. It was -7*F at 8:30 am when I got up to rebuild the fire.

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
it was -4 F here this morning. maybe this cold is coming from russia with love, but i am still blaming the canadians. could y'all PLEASE shut the door? in or out, in or out...your letting the bought air out!

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
It started in Alaska's inland a week ago. At -80ºF in some places, even gasoline was freezing. Didn't matter if the vehicles had engine heaters as the gas froze in the tanks or lines.

Martin

·
Premium Member
12,677 Posts
It started in Alaska's inland a week ago. At -80ºF in some places, even gasoline was freezing. Didn't matter if the vehicles had engine heaters as the gas froze in the tanks or lines.

Martin
I'd suggest thawing em out with Jack Daniels, but Cabin Fever's experiment nixed that. I don't think I've ever seen gas freeze.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Cold is our number one export. Southerners order it through out May to Sept and by the time we have enough to spare you don't want it!!

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
It's up to 10 degrees today. After the last few days, it feels decidedly warm!

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Aaaahhhh, bring on the cold! I love it! It makes everything cozy and really wakes me up when I go outside. Make sure you have proper winter clothes, make sure the vehicle is tuned up and has snow tires and it's fine. I love all four seasons, bring them on. The extremes from each season makes me appreciate the others.

Sure beats whatever the temperature is six feet below ground......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts