Cold packs

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by doc623, May 27, 2006.

1. doc623

doc623 Well-Known Member

Does any on know how to make reusable cold packs?
    Just fell down the last 3-4 steps in the house.
    Hit elbow, back, head and jammed the first toe of the right foot - split, lost skin and resulting in blood here and there.
    So thee question about ice packs.

2. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

:) Ouchie Wa Wa! So sorry! Know just how you feel. I am embarassed to admit that I used frozen veggies for this, like peas. I rotate the bags as needed to keep very cold stuff on the Boo-Boo and needless to say the bags are kept in a freezer drawer just for them where they will not be used for food.

I will watch this thread as I'm always messing myself up from falling out of trees and what not. My doc says at my age I should NOT be clampering up in those trees but how else to get the Wood Duck houses up there? :shrug: LOL Besides, going UP is not the problem..it's getting DOWN! Yes? LOL

Hope you feel better quickly....LQ

3. free-2-b-me

free-2-b-me Well-Known Member

Put some rice in heavy ziplock bags and freeze . If you are afraid they might accidently open then tape them shut . They freeze up quick and are pliable so they work well for almost any boo boo .

4. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

Put water in the freezer (preferably in ice cube trays), freeze. Remove ice, apply to injury (in towel or plastic bag), refill trays, refreeze?

Jena