Cold here tonite.

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by james dilley, Jan 16, 2007.

1. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Right now its 37 degrees outside. And its expected to get around 30 tonite. So I expect the electric to go out. As A lot of folks will be using heaters.

2. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

Oh Yuck! No electricity. I hope that doesn't happen to you. It's bad enough it'll be that cold with electricity.

I hope you have a lot of blankets just in case. :)

3. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

I heard about the cold snap you all are having. Stay safe and stay warm!

4. tchan

tchan Well-Known Member

Yeah, supposed to get to about 7 here in Northern AZ tonight. Freeze warning for the second(or third) night in a row in Phoenix area. Much colder than we are used to but the electricity has not been a problem. Even if it went out we will be okay. Our house is all electric but our power problems are during the summer not winter. We got so cautious over the power going out all of the time that we spent all fall making sure that we can cook and heat the house if the power goes out during the winter. So we have a wood stove that we can cook on and a big propane BBQ. And have water stored cause as we found out no well water during a electric outage. Next year(actually this year) we are going to get back up solar and hook the generator to the well.

5. Daddyof4

Daddyof4 Well-Known Member

In the twenties and a bit windy here tonight in NE Georgia. Thank God for our woodstove which is making the living room toasty. We even roasted hot dogs over the fire tonight. That's the only way I like them.

Stay warm everyone. I believe Winter got lost but finally found its way here.

6. paulaswolfpack

paulaswolfpack Well-Known Member

Yes they are saying coldest night so far this season could be -3 here in southcenteral MO. at 9:25pm its 10 degrees and cold got the two big dogs in with me. went and started the truck and let it run some I dont have anywhere to go but I always do that on cold days. so stay warm all the bad ice strom just missed us here by a few short miles we got a lot of flooding rain then the dirt road froze up.

7. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Supposed to be about -5 tonight I believe...yuk!

8. DW

DW plains of Colorado Supporter

We had -11 last night!!!!!!!!

9. Old Vet

Old Vet In Remembrance

Well it is 17 degrees now and will probily get to 10 tonight. The wood stove is going and the house is warm. Life is good when you are prepared.

10. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

Really cold here, said on the news it was snowing in Brownwood, TX, but we have not seen any of the white flakes yet. Will be so glad to see the temps go up again. I did see a robin today. Keeps my hopes up.

11. desertrat - 1

desertrat - 1 Well-Known Member

Yep , its amazing to see how cold its been getting around areas that normally dont get anywhere these temps .

Its 26 above here in Kingman , AZ tonight and its been down to 9 above the last couple of nights . Days have been in the low 30's although it got up near high 40's today I believe .

My darn water froze up a couple times over the last 2 weeks , but did no damage . I installed some heat tape and a few other precautions and no more trouble . Most people think Arizona is all heat and dust .... its cold and dust too :p

I havnt lived here very long myself , but my place is 10 years old and the previous owner hadnt installed any heat tape around critical pipes ..... so I guess it is very unusual to see this kind of temperature around here .

12. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

Just curious, why does the power go out when it's cold? We get that with ice or wind storms, but cold doesn't do anything. Hope you are all keeping warm!

It's coldish here (18 degrees or so, which is normal this time of year). I'm glad it finally froze, just to get a break from the mud. I wouldn't want to be without power, though! I sure hope all of those who had the terrible ice storms are allright.

13. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Well-Known Member

5 A.M. and the Temp is -1 F here on Historic Route 66 in New Mexico (20 miles east of the Arizona State-Line). Gonna be cold all day.