Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Some are hand made and some aren't. We experimented and tried all different ways.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
I really like these and it gives me an idea. I have tons of ceramic tiles and am going to be participating in a craft fair in a couple of weeks. What did you use for the decals -- it looks like fabric? And what kind of clear coat did you use? What did you price yours at and did they sell? Sorry to be so nosey, but this is a great idea.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I wonder if something like modge podge for decoupage would work for adhering designs. With some kind of good crystal clear polyurethane or the like to seal it? I hope you guys did well at your show.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes we used fabric and modge podge to glue it down. We used a clear coat sealer as the final top coat. Mod Podge makes an acrylic sealer too. We priced them 4 tiles in a set for $3.50 and we only sold 1 set.
I am going to make more over the winter and try again in the spring.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Some people would like to see a single price. Come up with a hanger for individual tiles. I know people who buy and hang tiles singly or in a grouping. I would not mind having one in Aqua tones for my guest bathroom ! Use a display board and hang a group of four that look good together, or present a theme, maybe with a small swag over top.

·
Registered
3 Posts
These can be made with fabric or scrap book paper. When I make mine I like to wrap the material all the way around the tile. I use modge podge to glue it down and I use a few layers of it on top as well to help make it more water proof and then I use a clear sealer on top.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh well, we'll try again at the end of the month. I always have a yard sale during the city wide sale here in the spring. Hopefully sales will be better. :)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okie dokie i will report back.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow those are fancy! We made some trivets out of plain large tiles. They work great with little rubber feet. Never thought of painting them. That is awesome!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Skagit. :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Those look great, flowergurl! Hope you get more sales. Just looking at them reminded me that I have some tiles, big ones, out in the shop. Now I have to find some tiny rubber feet....Trivet time!!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! Are you going to decorate yours or use as is?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had several people look at them in the sale today and say they were pretty, but no buyers.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We sold a set today. :)

Reactions: Tinker
1 - 19 of 19 Posts