Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Speak with a vets rep if you served within a period of conflict such as VN. The VA will pay an additional pension if you qualify within certain time periods and meet aditional requirements. It is called a non service connected pension, less than a full pension but more than SS. The currant VA non service pension is $824.00 per month, they will add to your currant SS payment until you recieve the $824.00.

When working with the VA have patience, they have a large workload to handle and it takes years in some cases. You do not have to have combat experience to qualify for the non service connected pension.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Due to making a good salary while I lived in Phoenix I get more money from social security than I did while I was on the VA pension. With the co pays on my meds and payments for medicare as well as the supplemental insurance the amounts are about the save for spendable cash but with medicare I do have the option of local care. As some of my health problems could require emergency hospitalization I need the coverage for local health care providers and hospital.

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
CJ said:
I have a problem with there being any cost in healthcare at all to our Vets. That simply is not right.
I'll 2nd that, and that is exactly one reason I'm truly steamed at this administration. I hope ALL of the Vets band together and vote for anyone other than Bush, because I feel strongly it will only get worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts