Homesteading Forum banner

Clean up in aisle 3...

631 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Ohio dreamer 
#1 ·
That HAD to be what the fine employees of CVS were thinking tonight. My daughter got the stomach bug, and I threw on some clothes and ran to CVS for kid anti-puke meds. My ensemble consisted of...a pair of blue sweats that are too short, black socks, black tennis shoes caked in mud, grey sweatshirt...and a Carhart jacket. AFTER I am in the store, wandering the aisles, I glance down and notice that my Horse Expo stamp is still on the back of my hand (looking suspiciously like a nightclub stamp). Not that this isn't already silly enough, but I find that the Carhart jacket is COVERED in hay...including the collar of it, which transferred itself to stick in my hair. I am still picking hay pieces out of my hair. Then at checkout, my purchases were...the kid pepto and two cans of soup, cat food, moist and dry, and a frozen pizza. Naturally my bank card wouldn't scan the first 9 times I tried it and had to be manually entered. And of course the people in front of me had a huge order, so I got to stand there looking like a scarecrow having a bad hair day for an extra 15 minutes.

I think they disinfected the store after I left...

#3 ·
LOL. I could just picture it. The only thing that could have possibly made it worse is if a really cute guy was in the line behind you. It makes you want to just shout out, "I don't normally look like this, really." LOL I hope your daughter is feeling better.

#6 ·
I'll never forget the time I was at Walmart looking like that. Several years ago, I was on my way home from caring for my horse who boarded about 45 min from my home. While I was there, a storm kicked in, so I grabbed a bale of hay and ran through the hay loft, tripping and doing a flip in the hay. I stopped at Walmart on the way home, only to have someone tell me that I had hay in my hair (duh). I said that I had taken a tumble in the hay loft - then realized how that sounded and tried to explain myself. All that caused was sceptical looks.

#8 ·
The only thing that would have made that outfit better was if you could have only find your old glasses that have the arm broken off one side and had them on as well. That is assuming you wear glasses. Or ones duct taped together would have worked.

THANK YOU for the giggle, last last few days have been stressful, I needed that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.