Clean Plate Club

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by cider, Jan 1, 2006.

1. cider

cider Well-Known Member Supporter

One of the biggest troubles for me is cleaning my plate, or cleaning out the fridge!!! I've always had a membership in that club. So I've decided to use a smaller plate and give up my membership.

Something else that seems to be related is buying or cooking larger quantities than my family really needs. I seem to do that for the frugal reasons of saving time and money. But then it tends to be me that finishes things up and I'm the one gaining excess weight. Do you guys do this??? I think I'm going to try to buy very small quantities so there are not alot of leftovers for me to eat.

Someone mentioned buying treats in small quantities. I'm going to do this. It's always seemed expensive/wasteful to buy the small ice cream when the half gallon is so much cheaper. But then I keep picking till it's all gone. So maybe it's frugality be darned!

Does anyone out there use this approach? I'm going to give it a go and I'll let you know.
    Happy New Year!
    Cider

2. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

feed the compst heap not yourself! I have the same problem but don't like savoury food much- so if I can avoid making the baked sweets or if I can take/send it all into (my or DH') work instead of finishing it all taht helps.

3. Kygardengal

Kygardengal Well-Known Member

The smaller plate works...You feel like you have eaten a lot because the plate is really full....Just don't go back for seconds...I also hate to waste food. I have to just "get over it".....throwing it away is better than throwing it in your stomache...Another thing that I learned is to really try to reconize
    "specifically" what your body is telling you....for me, I was not really hungry in the middle of the afternoon, but thirsty....