Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to post some pictures. The goats all got baths today and well, who knows when they'll be clean again! Between the dirt and pumpkin mush all over the faces, they were getting pretty gross. The first is Mack, absolute sweetheart, he is growing in his Saanen pompadour and beard. Next is Dude. Then Percy, our only doeling this year. Then the inseparable twins, Hope and Faith. So nice to have clean goats to love on!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
We have bathes ours during these many years with our goat families. We just use the garden hose and the first few get the "solar" hot water from the hose. But, they don't seem to mind the colder water either.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We hook the garden hose to the laundry sink so we can hose them with warm water. They don't really seem to mind, they just stand there.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're much easier to bathe than a dog. Just don't ask them to step into the water, it has cooties. It also helps when its 96 degrees. They were really enjoying it once they figured out it was cool.

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
OH MY...... Sannens are WHITE?!!!!

I had no idea.....

Did you put bleach in the bath water???

Reactions: Pony

·
Registered
6 Posts
my saanen is terrible with mud, she wallows like a pig, given up showing her as she was never clean enough and always looked a bit beige. good job on your goats, brilliant white.

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
It helps if you can arrange warm water. I used to carry a five gallon bucket of hot water out then mix it into another bucket with water from the hose to make warm water to pour over them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Beautiful! I've always used the blue dawn dish detergent to bathe mine :)

" Country is knowing who you are, what you're made of and not being afraid to show it"

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
You made my day with this post, if only all could wind up so lucky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts